Chapter 2

I wake up and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my hair. I slip on a hoodie over my shirt and some socks. I get a knock on my door and open it to a little girl who must be Flora. 

"Hi," She says smiling. "We have breakfast downstairs. I am Flora by the way." 

"Hi, I'm y/n." I say looking down at her.

"We will be best friends?" She asks holding out her hand. 

I take it. "Yes we will." I smile.

We head down where my mom and Mrs. Grose are already seated on one side. Flora sits on the far end and I sit in the middle seat to be by her on the other side of the table. As we are getting our food a tall, curly dark haired boy comes into the dining room. Mrs. Grose looks up at him. 

"Come now Miles, greet our house guests, Mrs. y/m/n and her daughter, y/n." 

He looks at my mom and then at me. 

"Hi", He mumbles and takes the other seat beside me. I kind of feel awkward, especially since no one is saying anything. Mrs. Grose later breaks the silence. 

"How did everyone sleep?" She asks. 

"Great"! Flora exclaims with a little hop in her seat. 

"Alright thank you." My mom adds. I just nod in agreement to her. 

"Fine," Miles says. 

Once I finish I head back up to my room. I shower and get dressed. I put on some music and star unpacking my stuff. 

Once I am halfway through I hear a knock. I call out that it is open and look to see Miles. He opens the door and just leans on the door frame looking at me. I stop packing and look back at him waiting. 

"Oh, uh I just was hearing you music through my wall. Good taste." Currently Nirvana was playing. 

"Oh, if it's to loud I can turn it down." I say a little embarrassed. 

"No, I don't mind actually." He chuckles and smirks. "Flora wanted me and her to give you a tour later if you're not busy." 

"Oh yeah sure." I say, continuing to unpack. 

"Uh, okay just come to my room when your free then." He says leaving and closing the door. 

---Time skip to when you finish unpacking---

I go to Miles door and knock.  

"Come in," He says. 

I open the door and see that he is on his phone. He looks up and gets up from his bed. His room looked at lot like mine. He had a bathroom, only a mattress on the floor which I found odd and a dresser with a glass container on top of it.

"We can go get Flora he says brushing past me. His hand banging against mine. 

We walk over to Floras room. She was playing dolls but abruptly stop when she saw us. 

"Tour time?" She asks excited. 

I nod and they gave me a tour of the entire house well most of it except one corridor that I could not go in. After we went outside. 

"You gotta see the horses!" Flora said grabbing my hand and running ahead, causing me to stumble to catch up with her. 

We got into the stables. There were two horses. One white and one black. Flora brought me to the white one. 

"This was our mom's horse." She says petting its head. I pet it and looked over at miles who was by the other horse. He looked over at me and then back at the horse petting its nose. 

I walk over by him and hold my hand out. At first he look worried but it went away once the horse faced me and allowed me to pet it. 

"Hmm." He said. 

"What?" 

"Just odd," He starts. "He doesn't allow a lot of people to pet him. Maybe I can teach you how to ride them. If you can handle it of course." He smirks at me. 

"I can, if that's what your wondering," I say. 

"Then you can also meet Quint. He takes care of the horses." 

Later we head back to the house and eat supper. I head to my room and go to bed.