Chapter 10

Today was Friday but we didn't have school so I slept in for a little. Once I got up I went to go eat breakfast rubbing my eyes I ran into someone making me almost stumble and fall. I look up and see a slightly irritated Miles looking down at me. 

"Oh sorry Miles, I wasn't looking where I was going," I say then starting to walk away.

"Hey," He starts. I turn and look at him. "Do you want to hang out today?" 

"Umm sure, yeah," I say. He smiles at me and begins to walk with me to breakfast. After we eat I change and go to Miles room. I knock and he tells me I can come in. He is playing music and rummaging through his closet with no shirt on. He turns to me holding a striped sweater. I draw my attention somewhere else so I don't stare at him. After he pulls his shirt on he sits down in his chair.  I go and sit on the edge of his bed. 

"I want to show you something that's pretty cool," He says smiling. 

"Okay, what is it?" I ask him. 

"Well it's gonna be a surprise," He smirks standing up. "We will be riding my horse to where it is."

We leave his room and go to the stables. Quint is there cleaning up the entrance when he sees us. 

"Well hello there, what are you two up to today?" He asks leaning on the top of his push broom he was holding. 

"Gonna show her some things she hasn't gotten to yet," Miles says going to harness the black horse.  

Quint nods smiling at me and leaving. I wait outside for Miles to be done. He rides out and holds his hand out for me to take. I grab it and he helps pull me up behind me. I lightly wrap my arms around his waist to keep steady. He starts going into the maze and speeds up to a trot. I tighten my arms a little so I don't fall off. After we get through the maze he slows the horse to a stop again. And then halts all the way. He hops off and then helps me off as well. Miles goes and ties the horse off on a wooden peg thing and it goes eating some long grass. He then starts walking and I follow to catch up till I am walking beside him. 

"So, can I know now?" I ask him. 

He lightly chuckles at me. "The point of a surprise is for you not to know what it is," 

We begin to walk through trees which were on both sides of us with the path in the middle.

"So, how are you liking it here?" He questions me.

"Oh, yeah it's nice," I reply. 

"Really, or are you just saying that for me?"

"No Miles," I begin. "I am serious. Plus not much was holding me back before we moved here. Talia and Jake are probably the best friends I have ever had in my entire life," 

"Hmm, and what about me?"

I look over at him. "Yeah, you too. I mean you kinda were in between at first," I add, looking down. 

He stops walking and after a few paces I realize he stopped.

"What do you mean?" He says cocking his brow.

"Well you didn't seem to like me or you were  just annoyed I guess," I reply, rubbing the back of my neck. 

"Yeah, no I really didn't, but I don't really like anyone when I first meet them," He defends. 

"Well, yeah and I was willing to give you a chance especially since we live together, would be kinda awkward if you hated me" 

He laughs at this. "Well y/n, I don't hate you, I like you. I don't make to many actual friends,"

He then starts walking again and I follow suit. 

"If you ever decide to go out into town too, you can always invite me you know," He starts. "I don't go out to town often anyways,"

"Okay, I'll remember that," I say smiling. 

We then reached an opening which had a large field of color. Once we got closer I saw that it was a field of flowers. I look around amazed and Miles looks at me and smiles. 

"Pretty cool right?" 

"Yeah," I say excited. I then run. Run as fast as my feet will carry me. I hear Miles following me. Then I fall, laughing. Miles doing the same. Then once we both stop we look at each other. Well stare at each other. I find myself looking at all of his feature in his face. His pale skin against his dark hair. The small freckles scattered a crossed the bridge of his nose. I see him start to move closer and I do the same. Then we hear rustling, and we jerk our heads towards the noise. Suddenly a small figure jumped out and fell on us. It was Flora. (Flora be cock blocking tho haha XD)

"Hi guys! I saw you leave and I was bored so I followed you!"  She exclaims, standing up. We got up and started dancing around. Once the sun started setting we sat down to watch it. Flora laid her head on my legs and the rest of her body on Miles legs. She fell asleep as the sun was reaching the horizon. 

"We should head back,"Miles whispers trying not to wake up Flora. He carries her all the way back to the horse and helps me on.

---Time skip---

Once I get to my room, I head for the shower. I get out and notice that I have a notification from Miles. 

Miles Fairchild🕷🖤🕸

1 photo

I smile, then go to my instagram.

(Pretend this is you in Flora in the photo, you don't obviously have to be wearing what they are if you don't want)

y/u/n

🌹🌻🌼🌷

Photo creds: @ Miles._.Fairchild

Miles._.Fairchild, Avery.Hornes, Talia_Songos and 323 others liked   4 comments

Avery.Hornes Lookin cute

      y/u/n Lookin cuter ;)

Talia_Hornes flower field 😍

      y/u/n :)