Chapter 42

I wake from my nap. Miles must have rolled off of me and my arms were now around his waist. My chest against his back. I slip away and change into more comfortable clothes other than my school uniform. I smell dinner from downstairs. I go back to Miles room and wake him up. 

I kiss his head as he stirs. He grabs me by my waist and pulls me into his embrace. 

"Miles dinners going to be ready," I say, my voice muffled since it was pressed against his chest. 

"hmm," He hums. 

And then there's Kate. 

"Dinner is ready," She says

"Your going to regret one day not knocking before coming in," Miles says nonchalantly. 

She gives an unimpressed look at him. "You think I'm kidding? Your only lucky you haven't walked in on worse," He smirks. 

Her eyes became wide with shock and she left the room. 

Miles changes quick and we head downstairs together. Flora greets us and talks about all the things Kate has taught her. 

After dinner I help Mrs. Grose clean up. My mom is still in the kitchen and I talk to her for a little bit. Miles comes into the kitchen as I am still talking to my mom. He sits on the stool that's is behind me. While I am talking, I feel his hands trail under my hoodie and around my waist. His head leaning against my back. My body now in between his legs. His lower hand tails farther down to the waist band of my shorts. 

"Yeah,  I have a lot of homework to do so I should head up and do that now," I say to my mom and she nods walking off. I turn to Miles. 

He looks up at me. "I want to cuddle," He says. 

We walk back up to his room and practically jumps on me when I sit down on his bed. 

"You don't actually have a lot of homework, do you?" He asks. 

"No, just used it as an excuse to hang out with you," I say smiling at him.

"Good," He says tackling me. "I want to just lay here," 

I chuckle. 

"Okay, but let's play some music?" I ask. I stand up and go over to his stack of vinyl's. I pick something that I have never heard. It starts playing. (The song above) I smile as it starts. I turn around towards Miles. He stood up and was now walking towards me. He grabs my waist with one of his hands and puts my other hand in his. He starts swaying as the guy in the song starts singing. As the chorus starts he sings with the song.

Just the two of us, we can make it if we try. Just the two of us.

He twirls me around.

Just the two of us. Building castles in the sky, just the two of us. You and I.

We dance through the whole song till it stops. Miles smiles down at me. I lightly kiss him on the cheek.

Yeah it had to end that way. It's too cute hehe. Also obsessed with this song rn.