Chapter 16

y/n pov

I wake up later than usually today and get ready. I grab something to eat and walk to the bus. Miles already left so I take my time getting there. Once the bus comes I reach the stop. Miles is staring at me as I go on the bus. He sits by me but doesn't try to talk to me. 

---Time skip---

After school I go on the bus after Miles and Mia. I have avoided Miles all day. They are sitting together and I sit a few seat ahead. Once our stop comes I hurry and get off the bus. Miles following me quickly to catch up. He calls my name. 

"y/n, please why are you avoiding me?" He asks running to catch up with me. I don't say anything. He looks down at me then blocks my way of walking. 

"You didn't have to lie to me," I say as tears brim my eyes. 

"What?" He asks. I don't want him to see me cry so I run the rest of the way home till I get to my room. 

He ran and stops at my doorway. "What are you talking about?" He then looks relieved. "You mean about Quint, I didn't actually help to him I just needed to talk to him," He says.

"No Miles, I mean you and Mia, if you liked her you could have told me instead of lying about it," 

"What are you talking about y/n, I don't like Mia," He retorts. 

"That's not what I heard from her, she said you told her you liked her and you kissed her, and you were together," I say looking down.

"No, that is not true, why would I do that? She lied,"  He says looking deep in thought. 
"Is that the only reason she was friends with me?" He says hurt and angry at the same time. In that moment I realized that he didn't know. "Y/n, I do like you, for almost as long as I have known you. I just keep leaving and make you all confused and now this thing with Mia. I was scared because I never really cared for someone the way I care for you and I don't know how you could ever like me," He says in almost a whisper. 

"Miles, how could I not like you?" I say going closer to him. He looks at me, wiping away my tears, putting his lips on mine. He licks my bottom lip asking for entrance and I let him in. We make out for a while until Flora comes in. 

"Eww!" She yells and we pull apart. "Can you guys play with me?" she asks with her hands over her eyes.  

"Yeah," Miles chuckles. 

---Time skip---

We eat dinner and I head up to my room. Miles knocks on my door and I tell him he can come in. He stands in the doorway not doing anything. 

"Are going to come in or just stand there?"  He sits on the edge of my bed and stares at me. 

"Isn't it rude to stare," I say sarcastically, smirking at him.

He smirks back. "I didn't think you minded," 

"Hmm, maybe not," I go back and work. Miles reaches over and shuts my notebook and computer. I look at him astounded. 

"I was doing schoolwork Miles," I say defeated. 

"It's not due anytime soon," He says, grabbing my arm lightly pulling towards him. 

"Fine," I say giving in. I sit next to him and we just talk for a while till we both fall asleep.