11

March 2022
Manhattan, New York

March 2022Manhattan, New York

Onika "Nicki" Maraj

I was pacing back and forward after Lauren told me everything. She was hesitant at first but once I started freaking out she had to tell me. "Nicki she's fine, she got Kelly and Michelle with her plus my husband."

"So why hasn't she called, it's been three hours and we ain't heard from them." She chuckled grabbing me by my face cupping my cheek in her hands. "Okay Cookie look at me, she's good. If anything was to happen someone will inform me." I let out a sigh, my nerves were going crazy, this felt like a movie. I felt a tug on my pants, I looked down and Octavia was rubbing her face. I bent down to her level, "I want you." She was crying a little, I picked her up rocking her back and forward. "Go lay down with her Nicki, I'll come get you when Bey calls."

I went up to Beyoncé's room and put Octavia on the bed first. I still had on my outfit from earlier so I went in her draw and took out one of her t shirts. We were past professionalisms so I really didn't care. I changed out of my clothes and crawled into bed with Octavia. She curled into me sucking on her thumb, I closed my eyes listening to the sound of her breathing.
.
.
.
The sound of water turning off woke me up, I tried sitting up but I felt a weight on my chest. Octavia somehow ended up laying on top of me, this girl sleeps wild. I shifted her off of me then sat up stretching. "I'm surprised you got some sleep with her." Beyoncé came out of the bathroom in a sports bra and a towel wrapped around her waist. I scanned her body, she looked so good right now, I was so mesmerized I didn't realize she came over until she kissed me. "No, I'm mad at you. Why didn't you call me?"

"I got held up at the warehouse. I lost track of time, when I got back you were sleep."

"So, you can't run off to do scary shit then not call me. That's not cool, I was freaking out like crazy."

"I didn't realize I needed to." She had her arms to my side hovering over me. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to freak you out."

"What are you, what was all that about anyway." She moved walking back to the bathroom. I heard shuffling around until she came back out fully dressed. She had some shorts and a plan white shirt. "Can I trust you?" When she said that her demeanor changed, her stare even turned cold. "Don't look at me like that, you can trust me. I'm still here ain't I, any sane person would've bolted last night."

"Good, because I really like you Nicki. You kinda stuck with me now." I got up grabbing my bag from off the floor, I had packed extra clothes yesterday just in case I ended up spending the night. "Let me get myself together then we can talk."

"Towels and everything are in there. Let me know if you need anything else." I closed the door taking off my clothes and stepping into the shower, I turned the water on as hot as it could go. I prefer hot showers, it helped to relax my body.