14

April 2022
Queens, New York

April 2022Queens, New York

Onika "Nicki" Maraj

I looked up from my test to check on my little princess, she had her head down on a desk with her thumb in her mouth. I'm amazed by how comfortable she got, I had her at school with me because Bey had some last minute work to do. All these bitches kept taking pictures of her like I was cool with them, cute or not my child is not a gateway to be friendly with me. I turned my test in with the quickness and went to go get my child, I picked her up and walked out the class.

Since I had her with me the teachers didn't ask me where I was going whenever I walked out with her, it was part of policy. Octavia started to wake back up so I put her down, "I wanna see titi Lo." I checked the time on my phone and bent down to her level. "In a few munchkin she has a class." She pouted, uggghhh I couldn't say no to this face but I had to. All senior classes were in the middle of finals, I literally couldn't go in Lo's classroom. "Hey bi- I mean hey Nika."

"Hey Rih, why you out of class."

"I told my teacher you texted me needing help with her, y'all tryna go to the mall or something."

"Please momma can we go." Yeah that was new, she started calling Bey and I her parents not too long ago. It's taking sometime getting used to but that's my baby. "Yes, let's wait though so you can see auntie Lo." She started dancing, I need to stop spoiling her man. She's going to be out of hand if I did.

We all walked down to the music room and Lauren's class was gone, Octavia bolted in hugging Lo around her legs. "Hi Titi."

"Hi little one, look who's here." She pointed in a corner and Octavia bolted towards them. When Rih and I walked in Ermias waved to us. "Hey lil bit, wassup Rih." We both told him hey then I raided Lauren's snack drawer. "Ima miss you guys coming in here when you graduate. Awwee my babies are graduating." She came over to us hugging me and grabbing Rich's cheeks since she was standing.

I was going to miss it as well, not a lot though because I could just go to her house and raid her cabinet. "Did your next class exempt testing?"

"Yup I'm free, what y'all about to do?"

"Head to the mall, y'all down?" Lauren grabbed her purse and pushed us out the classroom. I'm amazed by how long she remained a teacher here, she hated the hell out of this school.

As we were walking to the parking lot, Cardi and Offset stopped us, yeah they're a thing. She's lucky she's pregnant 'cause I was going to tear that ass up. "Yo Onika I gotta talk to you."

"What Belcalis, I know you see us talking and about to leave."

"Bitch watch your mouth."