21

April 2022
Manhattan, New York

April 2022Manhattan, New York

Onika "Nicki" Maraj

Tina closed the door behind her as soon as we stepped out the room. "Momma Dwayne hit me."

"She hit me first."

"Did not he lying!"

"No she lying!" I bent down to their level. Both of them had their arms folded pouting. I tried my best not to laugh at their bickering. "Octavia did you hit him?" She nodded, "why?"

"He called Mr. Pickles dumb!" I looked over at Dwayne and he squirmed under my gaze, "that wasn't very nice Dwayne and you know that and Octavia you know not to hit someone.The both of you go stand in a corner until the meeting is done." They started whining but walked to a
corner. I picked up Mr. Pickles and tossed him on a chair, "I hardly think that was effective Onika. What they need is a spanking."

"I don't believe in that form of punishment Mr. Knowles."

"Why not, I spanked my children and they turned out fine."

"I just don't." I looked at Lauren for help and she picked up on my hint. "Momma T, Nicki isn't very old fashion and neither am I. Spankings are off limit, the kids are smart all you have to do is talk to them." Tina huffed and sat down. A little boy came up to me, I smiled at him and he motioned me to come close. "Yes."

"I'm Daniel, are you aunt Bey's girlfriend?"

"I am, are you okay?"

"Yea a little hungry." I pinched his cheek and stood up. "Lo, can you come with me to get the kids some food. Mrs. Knowles we'll be back, do you want anything?" She waved me off and I rolled my eyes. If she wants to starve then I'll let her be.

We drove to Popeyes and I got two family buckets. These kids eat like crazy. I'm starting to think I'm helping raise adults and not children. We also got Mac and cheese and mashed potatoes for the kiddos. "Let's stop at Walmart for Capri Suns and chips."

"Capri Suns yes, chips no. How about oranges and apples."

"Okay health nut."

"They been around pop Lo, I'm pretty sure they had candy." We laughed, I pulled into Walmart and got out the car. I linked my arm around Lo and we walked inside the store.

It wasn't pack thankfully so we found the stuff pretty quickly. I also got me some little bites, i said the kids needed healthy stuff not me. "So are we having a baby shower together or two different showers?"

"I'm not doing one I had two, this is your first so let's have one for you."

"But I want your munchkin to have one too because ima spoil them too."

"Do you want to have one together Cookie?" I nodded, she rolled her eyes chuckling. We were close in pregnancy I wanted us both to enjoy this. Plus I wanted everyone to be here and I mean everyone, I was serious about Tina being in my baby's life.I know if Bey and I do only solo she won't show up, Tina hates me and I'm still trying to figure out why.