Just Another Day

⚠️TW same as last one⚠️

"Y/N, wake up." I turned over in my cot, adjusting my eyes to the light. I saw Arthur, a warm smile on his face.

"I'm awake, I'm awake." I waved my hand around, dismissively.

I sat up from my cot and rushed over to my chest, pulling out a pair of jeans, and a shirt. I closed the chest and started getting dressed. I slipped on my boots and put my H/C hair into a braid. Me and Arthur walked out of the tent.

As me and Arthur walked out, Reverend made his way towards us. "Mr. Morgan, Miss. L/N."

"Hello Swanson!" I gave him a quick smile, earning one from him in return. Arthur draped his arm over my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.

"These are troubling times we're having, Im actually a bit worried." Reverend admitted, a concerned look on his face. He was going to say something but Dutch interrupted him.

"Excuse me, Swanson. Y/N, Arthur, follow me." Dutch waved his hand towards us and the three of us walked to his tent. "We're going to New York, just need more money!"

"You got big dreams, Dutch. But a small mind." I sassed him, earning a quiet chuckle from Arthur and a dirty look from Dutch.

"Watch your mouth, Miss." Dutch snapped at me, my face just stayed neutral. Dutch may have took me in but he has no power over what I say or think.

"Arthur." Charles walked up to the three of us, we walked out of the tent, aside from Dutch. "Y/N.. This is Eagle Flies, I know Arthur met him already."

"Yes I have." Arthur shakes the natives hand.

"Nice to meet you, Y/N." Eagle flies held out his hand, I grabbed his hand and shook it.

"Hi!" I let go of his hand. Arthur all of a sudden cupped my face in his hands and placed a kiss on my lips. "What was that for?" I chuckled as he let go of my face and turned back to Charles.

"Being you." I felt my cheeks reden and saw the smirk growing on Arthur's face. I quickly walked over to my tent.

I jumped on my cot and screamed into my pillow. I sat up and whispered to myself, "He's so cheesy.. but it's cute, I guess." I laid back on my cot as my mind wandered.

"Y/N, lets go." Arthur said, poking his head in my tent.

"Where we goin'?" I said, furrowing my brows.

"Tell you on the way." Arthur closed my tent and walked off.

I sat up and grabbed my hat as I walked out of my tent and made my way to H/N. We mounted up and rode off.

"So where we goin'?" I asked Arthur, bringing him out of his thoughts.

"A colonel took their horses, Eagle Flies said without them they'll starve. Asked for help, Charles said no but Dutch insisted." Arthur explained, I nodded. The rest of the trip was silent.

We made it to some water and met up with one of Eagle Flies friends.

"Let's wait until nightfall." Eagle flies suggested, hopping off his horse.

"Fine with me!" I got off my horse and leaned up against a rock, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. Arthur sat next to me, leaning back. He took the cigarette from my hand and threw it in the water.

"You smoke too much." I had an annoyed expression but I didn't stay mad at him.

"Don't tell me what I already know, Arthur." I said jokingly, lightly punching him in the shoulder.