The beginning

☆〈☀〉☆

. ☆〈☀〉☆ .

The day was warm, filled with the sounds of wildlife around the camp.

I got up from my cot and stretched my arms out. I walked out of the tent and squinted my eyes as the strong ray of the sun hit me. As my eyes adjusted to the sunlight, I noticed how late I slept in, I did have a busy day yesterday.

I walked over to Dutch's tent to see if he was still here at least but when I peaked inside, it was completely empty.

Must be some important business.

I looked more around camp and my eyes landed on Tilly, who was sitting with Karen and Mary-beth. I made my way towards them, a small smile on my face.

"Where is everyone?" I asked rubbing my eyes and letting out a groan.

Tilly looked up at me from her chores and responded, "They went out to rob some train, s'posed to have some good money and weapons on it according to the O'driscolls."

"Arthur too?" I asked, cocking a brow.

"Why so interested, Y/N?" Karen asked, turning my attention towards her. She gave me a little wink, resulting in me rolling my eyes.

"Oh, quit it, Karen." I chuckled and took a seat next to Tilly so I could help fold some of the clothes.

"It ain't my fault y'all are so sweet on each other." Karen laughed as she folded another pair of jeans.

"It's not like y'all are secretive about it either, going off to make out in the woods," Tilly let out a laugh and glanced towards me. I could feel my face heat up and ran my hand through my H/C hair.

"Whatever," I sighed and shot my gaze around the camp. "Is John still here?"

"Yeah, he's over there." Mary-beth pointed towards him, he was chopping some wood near the edge of camp.

I waved goodbye to the girls before getting up and walking towards John.

"Hey!" I yelled, jumping up from behind him, causing him to jump and almost fling the axe he was holding in the air.

I and John are super close, pretty much siblings. Ever since I got to camp he's been by my side, through thick and thin.

"Really had to scare me like that?" He said, swinging the axe to chop the last piece of wood.

"Sorry, Marston." I apologized, I scanned Johns face and could tell he was disappointed about not going out with Dutch. "Left you behind?"