We Get What We Deserve

•𓆙•

•𓆙•

"Where is the bastard then?" I growled, standing with Sadie in front of Johns house.

"I don't know yet, but a feller he used to run with is somewhere in Strawberry right now." Sadie replied, rubbing her hands together.

Sadie found information about Micah, and I jumped on it as fast as I could. I'm not letting that bastard get away this time, not when I'm so close.

John burst out of the door, Abigail following behind him and begging him not to go.

"Please, John!" Abigail wailed, Uncle behind her.

"Take care of them, Uncle." John demanded, mounting his horse.

Me and Sadie quickly mounted our horses and the three of us rode out, Sadie leading the way. Charles joined us shortly after.

"So we killing this bastard?" John asked.

"If you don't, I will," I shouted, flicking the reins.

"I know you will." John shouted back to me.

After I left the ranch when I slept with John, I was sent a letter from him, saying he got himself back together and actually proposed to Abigail. I'm proud of him but he didn't sound too enthusiastic. Maybe he's just a bad writer.

- - -

We made it to Strawberry. I quickly hopped off my horse and looked around for a man by the name of Cleet.

"Would Arthur want us to do this?" Sadie asked me, John and her walking by my side and Charles behind.

"If it were me that died, he would," I began thinking, would he want us to avenge him?

Sadie nodded. "I'll look at the General Store, John go to the Post Office and Y/N go to the Sheriffs Office. Charles go with John."

I began walking to the Sheriffs Office but stopped in my tracks when I hear John yell, "found him". I pulled out my gun and ran towards the Post Office.

A slender man was being held by John. I grabbed the man, who I suppose is Cleet, and threw him in the dirt.

"Hello, Y/N." He said with a sly smirk on his face.

I didn't say a word to him. Instead, I punched him right in the jaw. Blood trickled down his face and a bruise already started forming. I leaned over him and raised my fist to his face.

"Where's Micah?" I yelled, slightly choking him.

"I ain't tellin' you shit." He spit.

I scoffed and dragged him in the dirt towards the gallows. Sadie, John, and Charles followed behind me, whispering amongst themselves.