The Ranch

•𓆙•

•𓆙•

I pulled back my bow, aiming it at the deer in front of me. I let go and the arrow flew into the perfect spot on the deers side. It fell limp to the ground. I made my way towards it, my horse following behind me. I lifted the deer onto my shoulder and carried it towards my horse. I stowed it on and mounted up.

Black water was the closest town near me so that's where I headed to.

It's been about a week and a half since I've seen John, from what I heard from Sadie he hasn't been doing too well. Abigail left with Jack and now he's all alone.

I, on the other hand, have been the complete opposite of lonely. In fact, I slept with about five guys for the past week. Yeah, I haven't been doing so well. Ever since what that man said to me about Micah, and that dream... I've been going downhill.

I promised myself when Arthur died, I'd never love anyone else again, and I've kept that promise. For the most part.

I finally arrive to Blackwater, turning to take a look at the bank, I saw John walking out. Why does he need to go to the bank?

I hitched my horse and ran over to him.

"Marston!" I shouted, waving my hand in the air. He smiled towards me and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, L/N." He said as I pulled apart from the hug.

"What you doing here, tryin' to figure out how much money is stuffed in there?" I laughed, pointing towards the door of the bank.

"I don't think I'll ever rob a bank again after the last one in Saint Denis." John joked.

I began to have flashbacks of that, getting worried when Arthur wasn't at camp in time. When Charles hauled us out of there after telling everyone what happened. It's like it was yesterday.

"Y/N." John said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"Behind you."

I turned around. I was met with evil brown eyes, graying blonde hair, and a smug smirk. Micah. Micah Bell.

"Im gonna kill him." I spat, clenching my fist and pulling out my knife from its scabbard.

"Think, Y/N." John grabbed my shoulder but I pulled away from him and rushed towards Micah.

I raised the knife, my knuckles white, and stabbed it through his shoulder.

Micah chuckled as he stumbled back, putting a hand to his shoulder. "That's a way to say hello."

"Next time it'll be through your damn heart, Micah." I snapped at him and ran the blade through his other shoulder.

He groaned in pain but the sly smirk stayed plastered on his face. I could still see the pain in his eyes, and I enjoyed it. I want to see him suffer. I want to make him want to choose death over life from how much torture he gets, from how much torture he deserves.