Trouble In Strawberry

•𓆙•

•𓆙•

It had been a week or two since I last saw John. Me and Sadie have been going bounty hunting together but other than that I kept my distance.

I feel like a ghost from my past had come to haunt me, ever since that dream I had I feel like someone's watching me, breathing down my neck. I have a hard time sleeping and have been doing things Im not proud of.

John had reached out to me a couple times, trying to get me to go see him but I told him that he needs to focus on getting some money.

I am now in a hotel in Blackwater, drinking my sorrows away on a half empty bottle of whiskey. I question whether the bottle is half empty or half full as I take another swig of it. There is the usual chatter
of people outside and the ringing bell every time someone walks through the door. I take another swig of the whiskey and glance over at the door, I feel the feeling of someone watching me, waiting for me, maybe to kill me.

I put the bottle of whiskey to the side and let my mind wander as I go to lay on the bed. My mind wanders to Arthur, as it usually does. Usually, I'd try to take my mind off him but this time, I'd like to enjoy the thought of him. I think I'm starting to accept what has happened to him.

I think about all the times we shared, the nights we spent together before he passed. Before he died in my arms. I once again long for the feeling of his touch again, his voice. Unfortunately, I won't be able to have either of those. I just want that man back, I want him to hold me again and tell me that everything will be fine.

My mind wanders away from the sad thought and to something else, what happened to Arthur's things? I had asked Sadie if she knew what happened to his satchel and she said she had no clue, I guess I never really bothered to notice whether he would give the satchel to me before he died. Maybe he had given it to John? Or that rat bastard took it or Dutch has it away somewhere. Wherever it is, I'll find out.

My thoughts are disrupted by a knock on the door, it's a light knock. I pull out my revolver and aim it to the door.

"Go the fuck away." I snap, cocking the revolver. I get up from the bed and step closer to the door.

"Calm down Y/N, it's me!" Sadie yells.

I roll my eyes and holster the revolver. I open the door and crack it open, taking a look at Sadie who is standing outside the door with her arms crossed. She pushed me aside and walks in. I close the door once she's inside.

"You're paranoid as ever, you know your bounty's gone up, right?" She scolds, picking up the whiskey bottle. "You're drinking?"

"What do you want, Sadie?" I huff as she places the whiskey bottle back down and looks to me with a concerned look. "Don't look at me like that."

"What's goin' on?" Sadie takes a step towards me but I only move farther away from her.

"Nothin'."