chapter sixty-one

a/n: once again, an important chapter, listen to this song while your reading! ^^

recap: 

I slipped the engagement ring off my finger, looking at it for the last time in my life and I placed it on top of the note I had just written. I walked out of the room without my key card, ignoring all the different tourists filled in the lobby.

I couldn't take any of this anymore. I can't.

--

I was sitting down on the sandy beach, taking in my last views. I looked down at my phone, which was buzzing with texts from everyone I knew, but I just ignored them and sighed, looking at the perfect ocean blue sky. 

I set my phone down on the sand, watching the waves in the distance. I decided to look at everyone's texts on my phone, and there were at least 50 from Cynthia, Blake, Noah, and surprisingly Kio, who I had no idea knew anything about this.

I didn't open any of the texts, because it would show that I had read them. I laid down on the sand, rubbing my eyes. 

Then I started getting the calls. I rolled my eyes and put my phone on mute so I wouldn't be bothered. 

??- excuse me?

I heard a voice coming from behind me, I turned around and saw someone I had never seen before.

y/n- yes?

??- i think your trying to be found.

He was wearing a hotel employee uniform.

y/n- yeah, i know.

I look back at the ocean and the waves.

??- are you alright?

I looked back and smiled.

y/n- I'm fine. 

??- so should i tell your friends that you're fine??

y/n- say whatever. 

It won't matter anyway. I think, standing up and shaking the sand off my clothes.

y/n- i must be going. i need to go do something. 

He nods, and walks away, waving, probably going to tell everyone that I was fine, for now.

I smiled, and I took my necklace off and put it in the sand. Someone would find it eventually, it would leave them with a story to tell.

I change into my swimsuit and walk into the waves, slowly. It was pretty cold, but then again pretty nice. 

As I keep walking forward into the waves, I think about what will happen in the future, when I'm not here anymore. 

Noah would probably get married to Charli, Blake and Cynthia probably will too, I'm not so sure about Ant though.

Whatever happens, I bet I'll be happy for them. I made it to the water that covers almost to my chin, and just stand there, waiting for the wave to take me away. I smile, recalling the memories and the bittersweet moments that happened in the last few months. That's just it. It's just memories. 

The wave came, and I went underwater, trying to breathe but I couldn't. This is my decision, and I'll be happy with it. Forever.