chapter sixty-five

recap:

I nod and follow him out to the car, which Ant conveniently packed last night. Noah is driving, like always, and I sit in the passenger seat while Cynthia, Blake, and Ant sit in the back. Noah hands me his phone to play some music, so I do to the airport, singing along with the songs I know.

--

We arrive to the LA airport, LAX, and we boarded our flights around twenty minutes later. I sat by Noah, and Cynthia and Blake sat together, and Ant had a whole row to himself, which I bet he loved. Me and Noah talked throughout the whole plane ride, and we both made a pretty important decision, that we will tell the rest later. I was practically planning and checking if it would work out, and it did! 

We landed in Aruba around 11 hours later, and Noah had rented a Jeep, which we drove to the hotel which was around 30 miles away. I chose my playlist to play in the car, which included the whole thing out of slowed and reverbed songs- the best thing ever.

We made it to the hotel (pictured in a previous chapter) and went inside to check in. When I first walked in, I loved it. Sure, it wasn't a Las Vegas hotel, but it was pretty close to it. It was all tropical themed and filled with those aesthetic leaf things that you find on Pinterest or Tumblr.

Noah and I checked in, and then we headed up to our rooms. Once I put all my basic things in the right places, I walked back into Cynthia and Blake's room because Noah was making sure everything was set for the desicion.

y/n- hey!

cyn- oh uh hey, y/n, what are you doing here?

y/n- uh noah's busy so i thought i would just come in here and chat with yall.

She looked at me with a suspicious expression on her face.

cyn- busy doing what?

I looked away and at Blake who was looking at the list of TV channels.

y/n- what channel are you gonna put on?

He looked at me with a 'huh' expression, not sure what I was saying at first.

bl- huh? oh probably just some sports.

I nodded, and then looked at Cynthia.

cyn- your avoiding my question.

y/n- what question??

I watched her unpack her clothes and situate them into the closet.

cyn- the one asking what noah is doing.

y/n- oh uh I'm not sure.

I say, with a sly smile.

She looked at me and smiled.

cyn- yes you do!!

I spread my lips into a thin line.

y/n- i really don't.

She shook her head at me with a smile and then I heard a knock at the door. I walked over to see who it was, Noah, and let him inside.

n- hey 

y/n- hi

Cynthia looked at us both.

cyn- what's up with you two? yall are acting kinda strange.

y/n- should we tell her?

n- yeah, i think we should.

I looked over to Cynthia.

cyn- just tell me already, one of you.

I looked over to Blake, who was now paying attention to the current conversation.

Here goes nothing...

y/n- we're getting married next friday.