3.

|| Bashar Jackson / pop smoke 💫  |||| Brooklyn, New york ||

|| Brooklyn, New york ||

"daddy why mommy crying?" kayla asked as she messes with my chain.

"let her be, baby" i sighed fixing her hair.

"but your supposed to make her feel better" she frowned.

"ight come here" i sat up so she sat on the bed instead of my chest. "look at me while i'm talking"

"okay" she looked up at me as we still heard Bianca's sobs from the other room.

"what's going on with mommy has nothing to do with you. okay? daddy and mommy.. their just not right for each other" i grabbed her hand.

"what do you mean?"

"i mean that me and mommy aren't gonna live together anymore" i explained. "when your older, i'll explain it better to you i promise. but i want you to know that me and mommy still love you so much and that you'll still have us both. just not together"

"what" her eyes began to water.

"kayla come on now don't cry man" i sighed rubbing my temples. "it'll be better this way. everybody's gon' be happy"

"i don't want you to go!" she cried.

"i'm right here, mama" i wiped her tears. "your still gonna see me. and now, you'll get double the gifts for christmas" i lifted her chin. "don't cry. i hate it when you do"

"what about mommy" she sniffled.

"she'll find who makes her happy" i sighed. "but i needa' be happy" she looked down at her fingers.

"that's why mommys crying" she said lowly.

"look at me" she looked up again letting me see a new set of tears rolling down her cheeks. "come here" i pulled her onto my lap wrapping my arms around her as she cried into the crook of my neck with her arms around my neck. "ion like seeing you cry, kay" i rubbed her back.

"b-but your l-leaving" her breathing hitched making her cough.

"your hurting yourself, mama" i sighed grabbing my water. "drink this"