Chapter 7

In the great hall, Jessie has spotted the Seamus guy staring at Harry as she enters. It must be about last year's Triwizard tournament. She doesn't really like him for his unreasonable thinking.

"Good evening children." Dumbledore is starting his speech as always.
"Now, we have two changes in staffing this year...
We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck-"

"Ekhem."

Everyone turns their face to Umbridge, who has just interrupted Dumbledore.

"Oh no that's rude. That, is rude." Jessie whispers and covers her mouth shockingly.

Umbridge walks to the front without asking. There's an aura of annoyance surrounding her.

"She was at my hearing, she works for Fudge." Harry whispers to Hermione, who has instantly realised what the matter is.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome." She smiles sincerely.
"And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we are all going to be very good friends."

"That's likely." The twins say in no time.

"The Minister of Magic and always considered..."

"Hey...Who is taller?" Fred asks George looking at Umbridge then Jessie. He has realised how short Umbridge looks from far away while Jessie is another person who is short in his opinion.

"How's it possible that she's shorter??" He can't believe Fred actually thinks Umbridge is taller.
Short people honestly have similar heights for tall people, or maybe just for Fred.

"Let us preserve what must be preserved..."

"I don't think she's taller than me?!" Jessie grins while estimating Umbridge's height from a far distance.

"1 sickle."
"You're on."

"So exciting." Jessie puts her hands together, hoping she can know the answer as soon as possible. As Dumbledore starts clapping after Umbridge's speech, three of them clap exceptionally loudly to show sincerity.

Hermione shakes her head as she sees Jessie clapping with the twins. Bad influence.

"What does it mean?" Harry asks Hermione.

"It means the Ministry's interfering at Hogwarts."

That's actually true, Jessie realises. How can someone newly hired have the rights to modify the headmaster's policies? Followed by Harry's incident, Hermione's assumption is totally making sense.

After the feast, people return to their common rooms, same for Jessie.

"My mum didn't want me to come back this year."
"Why not?"
"Let me see...Because of you."