Chapter 25

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember." Harry says to everyone.
They're soon having their D.A. meeting, learning the patronus charm.

"Expecto Patronum!" Jessie's never seen anyone casting this spell that she fails to cast it.
Seeing everyone doing it, she desperately wants to succeed. Hermione has an otter, Ron has a nox, Luna has got a hare and Ginny's one is a horse.

"What is that??" She points at the twins patronus. They appear to be small birds.
"Magpies? Boring." Ginny teases them.

"At least they fly, look at your dumb horse." Fred fights back.

"It's so hard!" Jessie is amazed by such powerful yet challenging skills.
"Try to think of the happiest time in your life, Jess." Harry walks to her.

"The time when there are no worries and things to be afraid of."

She starts thinking of the times when they first meet the trio, then the twins..., met Cedric...Cedric died...Finally date George,...Then being scared of her identity being exposed... Until now, she realises she's never been in a moment where she's completely carefree. The instant happiness in memories she can think of is perfectly extinguished by her most hated truth. As long as the secret exists, she cannot be glad.

"Mate, is it that hard to think of?? George realise Jessie has been standing still doing nothing.

"It's just a bad timing now you know? My patronus won't come visit me today." She makes up something to say.
"What a lazy one."

"Can we change our patronus form?" Ron asks Hermione. He's currently not satisfied with a nox being his patronus form.
"I think it will only change when you have found your eternal love. Then yours can become your partner's one."

"Good luck with that Ronald!" Jessie laughs and slightly pushes him.

"You wouldn't want magpies would you?" Ginny asks Jessie and smirks cheekily.
"ETERNAL LOVE, Ginny. I'm really happy to see you having such confidence in your brother. " Jessie grins and is immediately tickled by George.

"What would you want if you can change your patronus, Harry?" She asks him.

"I don't know, a doe, probably?"

"A... dough..." Jessie has so many questions.
"Gosh have you not heard of doe?" Hermione is amazed by her vocabularies.

"Imagine a bagel being your patronus." Fred laughs with George.
"Female deer, Jessie!" Hermione shakes her head and explains back.

"Oh. Right... how could I not know that?" She giggles.

"What's your patronus, Jessie?" Luna suddenly asks her, for she's quite curious about Jessie out of reasons nobody knows.

"I haven't known yet, it keeps failing."
"Do you have trouble thinking of happy memories?" She asks her directly, adding the most unnecessary awkwardness to the group.

"Um-"

Thinking about how to reply her, Jessie has suddenly sensed a huge trouble is coming over.

"What is it Jess??" Hermione walks to Jessie, who is apparently staring at the air.

"Is it......Can we get out of here?"

"All of a sudden??" Ron asks.
"...I don't wanna get caught yet!" She starts walking around and panicking.
"What do we do Harry???" Hermione is immediately aware of the risks they are all bearing.

At this moment, there's suddenly loud bangs outside the Room of Requirement. Everyone stops and stares at the swinging chandelier beads and the shaking wall. It seems like it's too late.

They hold their wands tightly as the mirrors on the wall break. Someone is breaking in. George and Jessie immediately hold their hands without noticing.

Nigel walks to the hole of the wall, trying to peek who's outside followed by Harry.

"I'll make this quick right away." The pink object is standing outside holding her wand.

"OH GOD-"
Jessie immediately runs to them and pulls them backwards.

"OH GOD-" Jessie immediately runs to them and pulls them backwards

"Bombarda Maxima."

The wall is instantly exploded with dust and bricks flying everywhere. It's to late to run, too late to hide and too late to cry. To everyone's surprise, Cho is with them.

"Get them!"

"Count them Goyle!" Malfoy pushes Cho onto the floor and enters excitedly. He first sees Jessie standing still looking at him, then quickly looks away and goes for Harry.

"Having a little class? Professor Potter?" He says right to his face.

"Who started this?" Umbridge says with her high pitch voice. "You better get honest-"

"I did." Harry says with no hesitation.
"No it's obviously not-" Hermione immediately adds.
"I dragged them into this-"
"We convinced him-"

"Friendship...How touching." She says while smiling dearly. "You're all getting into trouble. " She asks everyone to leave before deciding how they're going to be punished.
"Mr Potter, if you would follow me." This is going to be a serious matter Jessie knows. She's taking Harry to see Dumbledore. A secret society? They're likely to be attested under such ministry.

While everyone is leaving, none of them is regretting nor looking scared. They've all prepared for this.

Before Jessie leaves the room, she suddenly pauses in front of Umbridge.

"...Make sure Cornelius is paying for the walls."

She stares at her after glancing at the broken walls. Everyone behind her can't help snickering.

"...Of course."

Umbridge replies with her eyes wide open, breathing shakily. No one has ever dared to say such words.

"Brilliant, mate." The twins grin so happily as they walk out, though Jessie doesn't really have the mood to laugh.

"I can't believe it's Cho." Ginny says with her arms crossed, they've almost forgotten who else they've seen at the beginning.

"Has she got something wrong with her mind?? That's completely mental." Ron exclaims while frowning.

"...Are you guys Veritaserum-tolerant?"

"...No?" Hermione looks at her. "Do you mean Umbridge..."

"What else could it be?" Jessie doesn't think anything but only Veritaserum can force Cho.

"...Are you??? Jess? Veritaserum-tolerant." Ron asks.

"... Umm...Kind of?" She's trained herself to be so since young as her mum used to feed her the potion when she's suspicious.

"Blimey, you're so dangerous."