Chapter 27

Looks like he's been waiting for her.
He immediately walks to Jessie after seeing her pale face, trying to see her hand which is covered by her sleeve.

"What are you doing here Georgie? I thought I told you to-"
"We've messed up everything, even Mione doesn't get the recipe right." He fails to see her hand as she instantly holds it back when he tries to grab it. It is too bloody to be seen by anyone.

"Oh no, so they have been waiting? The whole time?" She quickly rushes to the common room with George following. She can't believe everyone is waiting for her the whole time with the pain. They should have just gone to Pomfrey's.

"...How are you feeling?" George did not forget the fact that she's suffered 2 times more pain than everyone else.

Jessie suddenly pauses as she has heard some kind of sobbing, she checks out who is being in the corridor. Turns out it's a first year sitting on a bench, crying over the pain on his hand.

"Hey, hey are you okay?" Jessie runs to him and kneels down, touching his head. "What's your name?"

"... Michael."
"Michael? It's going to fade, don't worry about it. The pain will stop soon, yeah?" She wipes the tears on his face and pats on his laps. It is painful for her to see smaller kids cry.

George looking from behind sighs softly. She's always cared about the others first, being especially kind to youngers.

"We're getting some cures ready soon, care to join us?" Her touching  him with her smile is an instant relief to him. He looks at her with his breathing stopped, then follows them to the common room.

The moment Jessie steps in the common room, everyone shuts up at once.

"Jessie... Are you alright??" Hermione rushes to her. Everyone is so concerned about her.
"Of course- How's it going? Wound cleaning potion right?" She changes the subject as fast as she can and walks to the cauldron beside the fireplace. Looks like it's not going well.

"...I don't know what I've missed out, but there must be something wrong."

"It's still reversible... Just a bit of this and that..." She says to herself and pours in some dittany and wormwood at the right time in precise amount, adjusting the flame and stirring carefully. Everyone silently watches her save the potion. No one dares to complain about the pain.

"Can someone get a dropper-"
Fred instantly jumps into her suitcase to get the dropper, looks like it's almost done, a purple clear solution.

Jessie looks up and calls for Michael who's been quietly standing behind the crowd, then applies some on his hand after adding some instant coolness powder into the cauldron.

"The pain has stopped, hasn't it?" She smiles after he nods, "Go get some sleep."  he then shyly leaves with satisfaction.

Everyone starts applying the wound cleaning potion. Although the scars are still visible for now, the pain stops gradually. Their wounds on their hands aren't that deep.

She grabs George's hand and drips some with no hesitation, staring at him with a frown.
"You guys should have just gone to Madam Promfrey's..."
"But she'd be heartbroken wouldn't she?" He smiles cheekily, knowing that Jessie cares about Pomfrey the most.
"You wouldn't care about that anyway." She rolls her eyes. He actually wants to wait till she's done with Umbridge, they all felt bad for curing them first.

Everyone's almost done with their wounds and started returning to their dorms after thanking Jessie, she wonders how she should get away with the crowd and use the remaining potion without anyone looking.
She has been resting her left arm still on her laps as the pain from her hand has already extended to her shoulder along the nerves. Though it's a complete torture to her but she would rather doing it than let everyone see her bloody wounds.
Getting dizzier dizzier, she tries to stay conscious as her hand keeps bleeding and sweat coming out of her forehead that she balances herself with her right arm supporting her.

"...You're alright?" He realises she's getting a bit quiet and paler.

"You've saved us all, mate." Fred suddenly pats on her left shoulder and it finally makes her flinch. Her straight face can no longer last that she holds her left arm and sighs painfully with her eyes closed tight.

George has totally forgotten how badly injured she should be that he immediately sits closer to her trying to check her out.
"...Jess?" He pats on her cheek.
Knowing Jessie can no longer stay focused, he lies her on the couch and holds her arm. She's lost too much blood to stay awake.

"No don't...It's not pretty." She softly whispers with all her strength, but this time it doesn't stop him from checking out her hand.

"OH MY GOD-" Hermione covers her mouth seeing Jessie's bloody flesh. Even the sleeve has been soaked with her blood.

"Why are you doing this to yourself?? You look at this..." George asks while kneeling down next to her, grabbing her hand and dripping as much potion as he can with his trembling hand.

"...I was going to do it just now when everyone's gone. It's too bloody to be seen-" The potion is making the pain even worse that Jessie pants and moans a bit. Fred takes the dropper from George and does it for him seeing his trembling hand.

"Jess...I'm sorry." Harry finally speaks.

"No, no really...It's not that bad." Jessie says as she tries hard to loosen George's hand which has been grabbed too tightly when the potion's been applied. She feels bad for grabbing his hand this tight.

George gently wipes the sweat on her forehead using Jessie's handkerchief taken from her pocket and touches her cheek.

"Tell us if you need anything, Jess." Ginny says and leaves with the others as she feels like they're all third-wheeling, leaving George and Jessie alone in the common room.