Chapter 17

"You should have asked me to stay yesterday if you have trouble, Jessie." Hermione is surprised that Jessie is doing her essay now at the breakfast table. She seldom does her homework in the morning.

"Almost there..." She rushes her final lines.
"You do write fast..." Fred stares at her hand. Although Jessie doesn't write a lot before Hogwarts, she writes unexpectedly fast.
"I've always thought writing shouldn't occupy too much time." She says as her quill keeps scratching.

"Oh have you found the place?" She whispers to Harry as she has missed a lot yesterday since she has got to the hospital wing.
"We've found the Room of Requirement. It's on the-."
"Seventh floor?"
"Yeah...how did you-"
"The creepiest floor in Hogwarts."

"We've called the others to come too. Third period." Hermione adds.

"What are we gonna do?"
"Harry will teach us some defensive spells today."
"I see..."

George realises Jessie's quill has slowed down.

"The room is hidden and she won't find out with her big brain." He knows Jessie is thinking about Umbridge.

"Great." She smiles back and continues rushing her lines.

"You better not stand too long." He whispers to Jessie's ear and gently pokes her waist.

"Phew!" She's finally done it.
"...Huh?" Stretching her fingers and looking at George, she's totally missed what he has whispered just now.

"He just asked you when you can make out with him." Fred grins and rests his jaw on his palm, comfortably being himself.

"...Make what?" She has never heard of the phrase make out.

"That's what couples do Jessie, you know..." Hermione explains after staring at Fred. Jessie has always thought those are naughty things. Well except for that cheek kiss because she doesn't feel naughty at that moment.

"Have you asked Angelina then?" Jessie likes to counterattacks sarcastic people like Fred. She smirks and casually drinks her tea. "You want me to ask for you?"

"Oho sis you're too young."
"I'm afraid so." They clink their cups.

"Seriously what was that?" She turns to George. Clearly she didn't forget that.

"I was saying the same thing." His reply has left her in shock. Looks like he wasn't talking about something else.

"No way, that's impossible! Come on I'm dumb but I'm not stupid." She covers her face while laughing. Harry at this moment looks at George and Jessie who have been looking at each other differently. Did George succeed? He didn't expect Jessie would actually like him back, not right now at least. But it seems like Jessie has put her guards down. You can see it from her eyes.

"I said don't stand too long later on." He whispers back.
"You really think I can levitate?" She grins and waits for his reaction. "That was so funny... Ahahahahah..." She laughs, thinking she's joked very successfully.

"Hilarious. I need to laugh right in front of Umbridge." George starts adding things on her joke.
"Tsk! You're not that funny anyway."
"Yeah? I must tell Cornelius."
"Oh Lord." She laughs and covers her face.
"But have you informed the ministry?"
"No more Umbridge PLEASE!!"

Seeing their interaction, Hermione just knows Jessie's figured it out. Seems like things have gone perfectly since last night, no wonder she's too busy with her homework this morning. She can't be happier seeing Jessie find her love. She's always like a sister to Hermione.

Later they have started their very first D.A. meeting in the Room of Requirement, learning the first disarming charm. While everyone's queueing for their turn, Neville is the first to try.

"Oh no-" Jessie suddenly kneels down in brace position. George who queues behind her has no idea what she's doing.

"Expelliarmus!"

Neville whips his wand as hard as he can that his wand flies across the room through everybody else

Neville whips his wand as hard as he can that his wand flies across the room through everybody else. Luckily they have all knelt down to avoid it.

"You cheeky little psychic." George lifts her up and stands her still who has almost fallen down while getting up. She replies him with her proud silly face, once again predicting something way earlier than others do.

While they are practising, most of them are failing at the beginning. Having seen her mother casting this spell all the time, Jessie is so familiar with it that there is no way she will fail it. How is she going to act like she knows nothing?

"Exp-"

The opponent's wand soon flies to Jessie's face that she immediately covers it. Her will power towards disarming opponents is so strong that she doesn't need to complete her whole line to cast her spell.

"Blimey..." Ron says with his eyes wide open just like everybody else.
"Wow Jessie!"
"Have you tried this bef-"

"No. Not at all." says Jessie. She isn't lying though.

"You may as well be the teacher-"

"Woah woah no no no." She anxiously chuckles and steps back. Things will become funny if she really needs to teach people to fight against the dark when she happens to be one of them.

"How about you grab it with your hand next time?" George teases Jessie and mocks her covering her face just now. He clearly didn't forget to make fun of her.

"So funny huh?" She says with her hands on her waist.

"...You tired?" He recalls her bandage on her ankle and feet.
"I think it's fine." She says and looks at her bandage.
"Sit there will you?" He points at the corner where people put their bags in, making sure she's not stressing her feet.

"Of course not!" She whispers.
"Why not?"
"Everyone else is practising, you expect I'm gonna sit there alone? That's too awkward."

He then walks her to the corner and sits her down. He wouldn't really feel embarrassed just because he sits aside, however it's not Jessie's case.

"Tsk everyone will be looking! I'm not doing this, Georgie. I look like a bloody idiot." She whispers and tries to get up but is pressed down by George immediately.

He then sits besides her, believing she will sit still as long as someone's with her. Sitting alone will freak you out? Let's sit together then.

"Just leave me here, silly. " She sighs and looks at him. He should probably not waste time here Jessie thinks.
"Awkwardness is my passion." He smirks and wraps his arm around her waist.

He then gradually looks at her who's currently quietly watching the others practising, it seems like she doesn't feel awkward anymore.

"...What?"
"Nothing."