Chapter 38

"Hey."
George looks at Jessie as she freezes, not knowing what to do.

She has a strong urge to leave, but her heart tells her to stay. Maybe this is not the end of the world.

George walks to Jessie and holds her hand, but is refused.
"Harry's just-"
"I shouldn't have hit him." She regretted right after she's slapped him on his face.

"...Why didn't you tell us she's not your real mother?" George asks.
"What's the difference? I've still messed up."
"Obviously it's her who took you away from your father-"
"Who?" Jessie asks, not knowing she has a father before the Moreurs.

"Merlin... You don't know that?"
"Mum adopted me from an orphanage-"
"Yes, with her ex."

Looks like Jessie had been obliviated. She has no idea about the history of Athena and Lupin.

"Never mind, I'm not gonna find out." She sighs and looks away, not wanting to know anything about her mother at all.

After a second or two, Jessie looks back at George. What is he doing here?

"Things haven't changed, Jess-"
"No, not really." She steps back.
"I won't ask if you don't want to say." George wouldn't ask about her crime.

Jessie holds her tears back.
"Not killing families... I don't want to be like them."Jessie says while looking at him. "But I could turn to them anytime-"

"You won't." He pats on her shoulder, suddenly taking out something.

It's a shimmering dandelion, one of George's new inventions

It's a shimmering dandelion, one of George's new inventions. Something glittery and fluffy... he really remembers everything Jessie has said.

"Blow it." George says to Jessie.
Though it's really pretty, what's going on?
Jessie tries to blow it after staring him for one second, but fails to blow off the seeds cause they stick to the core too tightly.

"Tsk...Mood killer." George takes it from her and blows it. Thousands of blue-purple beads suspend in the air, dancing like tiny glowing ballerinas.

"They guide you to your greatest desire."

The fluffy seeds in the air slows down and starts wandering around them both.

"Both's desires."

The driving force of the seeds is generated by the two attracting energy of each other, which means the seeds can guide the blower to their target as long as the target has the desire of the blower. 

The glimmering beads continue to float around them even closer, pulling them even closer. Jessie looks up at George closely with her soulful eyes. Both of them desire each other.

"You wouldn't want to shoo them away, would you?"

With the warm light breeze slightly brushing Jessie's hair, George asks Jessie as he touches her cheek while their faces are gradually close enough to feel each other's warmth.
Their lips, then gradually, softly touch each other with the most complex simplicity both of them have been thirsting for. Time has seemed to be stopped by this perfectly harmonious inconsistence. Breezes together with the shimmering beads continue to swirl and twirl around the strongest energy in the entire suitcase.

They both then open their eyes and look into each other's eyes.

"Would you?" George asks again with a smirk.

Jessie bursts into tears as George brings her into his embrace, deeply feeling the most precious energy of being truly loved she has never experienced before.

"Next time if she asks for you, simply say 'no thank you, I've got family'."

He leans on her head and rubs her back. It must have been tough for her, Jessie has never imagined herself being this lucky. George releases her and pats on her head.

"You know what you prefer then." He says to her. If Jessie's evil in nature and wants to join her mother, the beads wouldn't circulate around George.
"...This is quite smart." She says and pats on his chest, being quite impressed by his invention.

"Do I look better with or without glasses?" Jessie jokes after a deep breath. She's really been wearing contact lenses since Athena broke hers last time.

"I like you when you have eyes." George pretends he's gonna poke her eyes.
"Damn." She smiles and holds his hand, walking back to the wooden house.

"Nice spot,"
"Yeah?"
"this is the Tree of Life, Augustus says."
"Such creative name..."
"Yeah, he says there will be a maturation day when a very legendary fruit is fully grown. He hasn't seen once though."

"Need a soil test, probably."

"I'm sorry, Jess. I was out of my mind." Harry has calmed himself after thinking deep, knowing that his rage towards Jessie earlier is totally unnecessary. They all finally meet at the courtyard. It's break time already.

"Does your face hurt-"
"No. It's nothing."
"To be honest Harry, that felt great." Jessie jokes and makes everyone laugh.

Hermione looks at Harry and Jessie, they're finally good again. This is probably the power of real friendship, not to mention how George has his way to talk to Jessie.

"Do you think you can cast your patronus charm now, Jessie?" Luna breaks the laughter and suddenly asks.

"Oh...Um..." Jessie looks at her and the others. She then awkwardly takes her wand out, luckily there aren't any of the other students around.

"Jess, Expecto Patronum." Harry smirks and says.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!"

A large flaming phoenix forms and soars in the air.

"Phoenix??? That's a rare one!" Ginny's jaw has dropped.

"Burnt through the ashes, you've reborn, Jessie." Luna says with a smile. Everyone astonishedly looks at the patronus.

"I'm so proud of you, Jessie." Hermione cries and hugs Jessie. Seeing her grow in these 2 years, Hermione cannot feel happier for her.

"Don't be so dramatic, Hermione!"
"Shut up, Ron." Ginny rolls her eyes.