Chapter 39

"Have you really packed everything back from my suitcase?" Jessie asks the twins while they are walking to the boathouse. The twins are finally leaving Hogwarts today.

"Of course, we wouldn't let you own it." Fred smirks.
"...Are you sure you're not gonna stay for a month more to get your graduation certificate-"
"Yes." They firmly answer as they don't care about formal papers.
"Right."

They have finally arrived.

"...Take care." Jessie says to George and hugs him with all her emotions suppressed. She still hates goodbyes.

"Just a month, you won't die yet."
"Of course." Jessie rolls her eyes and hugs Fred.

George and Jessie take a final look of each other.

"Don't wait for me to cry, George."
"I bet you won't."

They both leave each with a smile on their faces, knowing they can still see each other in a short time. With the setting sun, Jessie waves them from the boathouse as their boat sails out. Goodbyes are never painful if you have faith.

At night, Jessie finds Harry sitting in the common room again. He must be thinking about Sirius after Dumbledore has talked to him.

"Jess?"
"Hmm?" She sits beside Harry.

"I've been thinking about something Dumbledore had told me." He looks at her.
"Yeah?"
"That even though we've got a fight ahead us, we've got one thing that Voldemort doesn't have."
"Mmhmm?"

"Something worth fighting for."

Jessie instantly nods and smiles. Harry has learnt a lot too.

"Sirius would be very proud." She puts her arm around his shoulder.

"Spirit never dies, Harry."

"You're right." He smiles.
"Let's go for dinner, shall we?"

They walk to the great hall arm in arm to join the other Gryffindors.

"Dumbledore's finally here."
"As a headmaster."
"I will have my eyes washed if I see Umbridge's face one second more."

They're all happy that Umbridge is not here anymore. It has been a torture for the whole year.

While they are all joking and laughing, there's an owl dropping a letter to Jessie, no one but her has really realised that.

The moment she flips it to see where it's from without anyone watching, it says clearly with the darkest ink she's ever seen:

"Ministère des Affaires Magiques de la France"
(Ministry of Magical Affairs of France)

Nothing has really been over.