Chapter 16

Some time after dinner, George is sneaking in the hospital wing to find Jessie. She is currently rushing her essay due tomorrow under the dim light.

"Oi!" George whispers and sits beside Jessie.

She pauses and looks up. It's George.

"...What are you doing here??" She whispers back and continues writing. With her quill scratching, she wonders what he's up to after all the mess she's had today. Better not be something bad.

At this moment, he shows her something he hid behind his back, it's her suitcase!

"How did you-"
"The beauty of twins." He is quite sure that he couldn't successfully steal back the suitcase from Umbridge's office without the help of Fred.

She instantly grins so hard looking at him and the suitcase excitedly, he really gets it back as promised.

"...Are you gonna be in trouble?"
"No if we keep it hidden." He says and pats on the suitcase.

"Oh no!" She gasps.
"I need to check out the plants!" She then opens the suitcase immediately.
"Not now mate leave your feet alone!" George grabs her arm and stops her.
"Tskkk they must be dying!"

"What's going on dear?" Pomfrey walks to them. "It's getting late."
"...Madam Pomfrey would you do us a favour?" Jessie looks at Pomfrey then her suitcase.

"...You're not doing this from Umbridge are you?"
"Please???" Jessie wishes Pomfrey can help them hide their suitcase that she does her iconic pouty face.

"Oh well..." She then looks around, "If you get me into trouble I will kill you." She lets them enter her room and allows them to get in so that Umbridge will not find out for now. Jessie is very grateful to have Pomfrey being so kind. She's definitely her favourite staff in Hogwarts.

"Let me in first." George says and climbs down the ladder inside the suitcase.

"Huh?" Jessie looks at him down there.
"You don't think you're walking do you?"
He then catches Jessie by grabbing her waist, carrying her around.

"Seriously, drop me if I'm too heavy." Jessie says as she wraps her arms around his neck. Her nervy sensation returns as they have physical contact, but she doesn't really care for now, the plants are above all.

"Left left left." After they have walked out the wooden house they turn left to check out the lavender field. To her surprise, the plants are completely fine.

"What is this...Self watering system??" She is amazed by the scenery. The plants are watering themselves. She had no idea Augustus's father has casted a self watering spell when they're not taken care of.

"Genius!" Jessie chuckles. "Alright drop me here."
He then sits her down on the bench next to the lavender field.

George puts her leg on his lap checking out the bandage Pomfrey put on earlier.
"It's not even that serious I need to walk tomorrow anyway." Jessie says watching him touch her ankle.
"You'll need to crawl if you got lucky. You really think you can levitate?" He says while resting his hand on her ankle.

They suddenly go silent. It seems like their nervy sensation hasn't faded.

"Jess," George suddenly speaks.

"... Hmm?" Jessie quickly sits properly and looks away. Hearing the word 'Jess', she knows this must be some serious matter. He's gonna ask, he's gonna ask...

"You know we've known each other quite well for some time-"
"I don't think you know me quite well." Jessie tries to joke so she won't feel nervous.

"...Can you let me get to know you more-"
"I thought you have been doing this- you don't need my permission-"

"As a boyfriend?"

Having expected that he's going to say this, Jessie still doesn't know what to do.
Did he scare her too much? George realises maybe he's gone too direct.

"Look Jess," he kneels down in front of her and holds her hands, "you know how you feel towards me don't you?"

She looks at him nervously.

"Can you tell me what you're being afraid of? We can fix it-"
"No, no," Jessie wouldn't let her concern bother anyone. "Well it's... not really a big deal."

Although Jessie is worried about George knowing her secret, she can't deny how happy she was when she found out George likes her. Is it ok if she forgets her past for now? She does feel extraordinarily comfortable when she hangs out with him, not to mention he's the first person she has ever felt real love from. It should be fine if she goes for it.

"Can I make things awkward?" Jessie smirks and asks George with her eyes wide open. She's decided to risk it all and she doesn't care about anything else.

George it is.

"Sure." He grins and looks at her closely.
"How will things change if you're my...boyfriend?"
"We can do things."
"Like...?"
"You know what things."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"You want me to show you?"
"Yes please."

George then suddenly kisses her cheek after 2 seconds.

"Things like this," He grins and cheekily curls her hair.
"You like it?"

"...Mm."
She nods and looks away with her blasting excitement suppressed. Her heartbeat races and butterflies were racing in her stomach. Action does speak louder than words for Jessie, she loves it when George does this so much that she has trouble hiding her smile.

"Wanna try it?" George adjusts his height a bit for Jessie to reach.
She then slowly, carefully, gets closer to his face and gives his cheek a tiny short little touch of her lips. She is not so sure how to do it.

"Is it good? Yeah?" She asks with her blushed face and her hands put together. Seeing her try her best, George lets out his brightest smile.

"Spectacular."

They both look at each other closely.

"I'll take that as a yes?" George says as he wraps his arms around her waist. It's time for an answer.

"If you say so."