Chapter 28

"Can you just tell me next time?? At least you should let me know." George is a bit frustrated that Jessie was going to hide it even from him as he gently wraps her hand with a bandage.
"...I didn't mean to lie... There were just too many people." They stare at each other.
"I can't believe you are the one who did the brewing yet you're the one who couldn't use it."
"It's my potion, of course it's me who decides who's gonna use it." She says back.

"...She was so unsatisfied, thinking blood quills will scare me. Did you see her face?" She whispers to George and pokes his nose.

"At what cost?" He stares at her.
"It's totally worth it. I'm not that sensitive to pain." She grins.

"I've told you not to make her mad."
"I'm not going to please her, George. Neither will you."

"...Still stings?" He asks with concern, putting her hand in between his palm, then strokes her hair after she softly nodded. It's still tough even she manages to keep quiet. This is yet to be her first time writing twice with blood quills.

"Yours?"
"It's loads milder than yours, love."
"... Everyone has different pain tolerance, isn't it? You can see Michael's, it's not even that bad." They both chuckle.

Jessie suddenly recalls her vision she had earlier.
"...You wanna hear a secret?"
"Ya?"
"I actually saw something really bad in my vision, in Christmas I mean."
"...What was it?"
"....I saw your dad, um..."

"Dead?"

"Yes... But it didn't happen. I'm sure it won't happen in the future either. It says 1995 in his grave but it's not even 1995 anymore."

"...Can a vision be wrong?"
"I know right? I've never experienced that."

"Sis are you some kind of a chosen one?"

"No thank you!" She giggles, though she's aware if what Dumbledore has said to her earlier.

"I told Dumbledore about that and he told me to check out the fictional section in the library."
"...What???" He chuckles.
"I'll probably ask Hermione about that."
"Yeah, like she'll totally figure out."
"You won't figure it out anyway."

The next day, the Gryffindors are heading to the Great hall for lunch. Jessie is about to put her books back to her locker. Just when she opens her locker, a letter slips out.

"... Huh?" She picks up the letter and puts the books in, locking back her locker.
"What's that?" Hermione asks as they walk to the great hall.
"No idea." She sits down beside George. The twins were at the table before them.

"Got yourself a love letter?" George rests his jaw on his palm.
"Tsk!" She roll her eyes and opens the letter.

Dear Jessie Kenwood,

Your touch on my skin is has started my engine,
Your voice is like an angle singing to me,
Your eyes shimmer like flames
burning in my heart...

Love,
Anonymous

"Does he mean 'angel'...?" Hermione shakes her head.
"What the-" Jessie couldn't believe this.
"Bloody hell!" Ron laughs as loud as he could.

"...It's so disgustingly cute." Jessie covers her face.
"Jessie Kenwood." Nigel suddenly sits beside her.
"Hi Nigel, have you got-"

"Are you single?" He asks directly, leaving everyone in shock.

Jessie looks at his serious looking face for a moment and chuckles.
"Um...Why is that?" She didn't directly say she's been dating.

George immediately looks at her. She holds her smile and comforts him by patting his lap under the table.

"Well, not much. I'm just asking for a friend."
They start snickering out of control.

"...Michael? Do you mean Michael?"
"Blimey! How did you know that?" He asks in shock.
"Gosh... I told him not to write down his name..." He says to himself.

"You may want to tell him I personally prefer direct actions. He should come ask me directly if he really wants to know. Though he doesn't look like he really care." Jessie thinks whether she's single or not doesn't really affect Michael's acts.

"Uh...Okay then." He walks away confusedly, thinking about how to tell him.

Jessie grins and looks at everybody, then tries to take the teapot next to George with her left hand. Once she lifts it up, her hand trembles so hard that she almost spills the tea.

"Goodness you won't die if you let the others do it for you." George grabs the teapot from her hand and pours the tea for her.

"Tsk it just won't listen to me." She tries to stretch her fingers hard. It seems like the nerves on her left hand have already been damaged that it won't function properly and has lost its strength even after the pain has faded.

"It'll listen to you later if you're sincere enough." George doesn't hope her hand will be permanently affected just because of the stupid punishment of Umbridge.

"You can see now, don't try to blast her or you'll be dead." She sips her tea and stares at the twins.

"Sister."
"You've grown."

"You're not really gonna blast-"

"Not at all."

They both say in no time and looks at each other.