Chapter 3

"You need something?" Jessie pauses and steps back as she almost bumps into him. That's way too of a suspicious face of George.

"Someone's left something in my room. You may want to check out." He says and grabs her arm, pulling her into his room. He's acting weird again, Jessie knows by the second he starts talking.

He then opens his drawer and takes out a package wrapped with parchment, and hands it to Jessie.

She opens it while staring at George, carefully opens it to prevent anything splashing or popping out.

To her surprise, it's a package of small glass bottles! The one kind of bottles Jessie said she loved so much last year when they were making pepperup potion together. He remembers!

Jessie looks at George with her eyes wide open, shocked and excited, then immediately hugs him tightly. Heat goes straight up to his face and he doesn't dare to look at her.

"You're so silly! Thanks!!" She releases him and gently hits his arm.

"I thought I just told you to check it out I didn't say it's yours." George says and crosses his arms.
Jessie immediately leans her head on George's chest, letting out a long depressed sigh to show how disappointing it would be needing to hand out the bottles.

George helplessly smiles when Jessie leans on him. There's a slight tension which makes him feel great. Maybe this is some sort of comfort, but in a nervous way which gives him mild pressure, they are currently just friends anyway.

"I think it'll be fine as long as we don't tell." He says and puts his arm around her shoulder.

"Totally agree." Jessie immediately grins and wraps them back up carefully. How funny it is to see Jessie getting excited over such little things.

Realising something, she suddenly steps back to his bed and sits down, looking at him with an awkward smile.

"What's up?"

"...When's your birthday Georgie?"
Jessie doesn't know his birthday! She's so ashamed of herself because she hasn't really asked anyone about their birthday while everyone remembers hers.

"1st of April. 'Fool's day' they call." He answers as he sits down beside her.

"Fool's day? What a coincidence." Jessie laughs.

"Were you living in a cave? Literally everyone knows that." George realises she should have known this as she's muggle born.

"Maybe France doesn't celebrate such things." Jessie covers her anxiety with a quick smile. Nearly failed to reply.

"Are you not mad? We've known each other for one entire year and I didn't really ask." She then lies down on his bed and taps on his shoulder with her toes.

"Merlin... should have been mad." Having missed a chance to mess with her, he then grabs her feet and tickles it.

"What's that?" She points at the very soft stuffed turtle on the shelf.

"That's Michelangelo."

"Michelangelo????" Jessie bursts out of laughter when she takes it. "He's got better name than all of us do."

"Take it with you if you want to." He chuckles seeing her hugging Michelangelo tight. It's an old gift one of their aunts gave when they're really small.
"Can I??" She's never had a stuffed animal and she certainly wants to hold one.
"I'm sleeping with Michelangelo then."

Some days later, they have arrived London and settled everything

"Tsk. She's got the biggest one." Fred is unsatisfied with the room arrangements as he walks pass Jessie's room.

"We can exchange if you want to, I don't mind-"

"Oh Jessie don't mind them!" Molly yells from ground floor "You two do better start doing schoolwork."

Seeing the twins getting unfairly treated, Hermione couldn't hide her smile. She has come to spend her summer holiday too.
"I can help you prepare dinner Mrs Weasley. I know how to do it." Jessie then rushes downstairs to the kitchen.

"She's her favourite I'm sure." Fred says and crosses his arms.

"Are you jealous Fred?" Hermione asks with an amazed smirk.

"Of course. She's stolen everything." He says and cheekily stares at George. Hermione then looks at George, thinking deeply about the relationship between Jessie and him.

"Blimey. Fudge is out of his mind." Arthur is back. He says as he puts down a piece of newspaper.

"The boy who lied"
Jessie spots the word on the headline immediately as she picks up the newspaper. Everyone else has come downstairs.

"The Minister... Is he hiding something?" Jessie shakes her head as she keeps reading.

"Exactly Jessie." Arthur adds, which makes Jessie look at him right away. She feels like he has something that he wants to say but is unsure about it.

"Well... last night, Harry performed the Patronus charm in Surrey... He's expelled by the ministry-"

"Expelled????" Hermione exclaims with her eyes wide open, being particularly sensitive to this title.

"How's that even possible? He wouldn't need to perform it unless he saw a-"

"Dementor?" Ron says.

"...That's right." Hermione looks at him and says.

"Don't worry. As the muggles say, truth will out!" He walks to Molly.

"Honey I'm afraid they'll need to come tonight is it alright?" He asks and kisses Molly's cheek.

"They'll need to come anyway isn't it?" She chuckles and looks at Arthur.

As expected, Lupin shows up in no time and walks into the place.

"So quick..." Jessie whispers and chuckles. After saying hi to him she hints everyone to go upstairs.