Chapter 9

"Aren't you curious? I know you were watching." Harry wonders why Jessie didn't say anything about him and Umbridge. Friends of him often ask him about things before he wants to speak, out of good intentions of course.

"I thought you didn't want anyone to talk about it." Jessie is surprised that he brings this subject up himself.

"Well..."

"I only allow myself to talk to people who want to talk." She says and looks at him as they are walking. "It'd be deadly annoying if I approach before that person does. I don't want to be even more annoying."

He smiles back. Looks like Jessie has completely seen through the point Harry tries to explain to the others in every second. This is probably the reason why he has always find her comfortable to be with.

"So if you face painful facts that are unchangeable and seek pure emotional support with everyone's mouth shut you can simply touch me by my finger you know?" She can cheer anyone up as long as they touch her.

"Just let me know if you want it. Completely simple." He nods.
"One thing, just one." She grabs his hand to check out the scars.

"Are they alright? I can always brew something if you want to." She asks as she gently covers his hand.

"They are fine I won't need it." Harry says and nervously looks at Jessie's face.
"Thanks, Jess, really."

Jessie gently hits his arm after a sincere smile.
"Come on Hermione must be so worried."

Two of them enter the great hall to join them back. It's great to see Harry willing to talk back to them. Hermione looks at Jessie confusedly, wondering how she has got him talking successfully. Jessie of course naughtily winks at her instead of actually talking about this.

George looks at Jessie, who has just gone back with Harry out of somewhere. What have they done? Why were they together?

"...What's up?" Jessie turns to George and rest her jaw on her palm.
"Where have you been?" George asks and does the same position as Jessie.
"I didn't know you care."She grins.
"You know I always care."

Jessie looks away with her nearly blushed face and eye roll. She is so ashamed that her nervy sensation is almost triggered by such flirty words. She hates it so much.

"I went feeding the Thestrals with Luna." She says as she naturally pours her cereal with a very natural eye roll.

"Happy with my answer?" Jessie sits up straight.
"I'd prefer a detailed report."

Angelina sitting somewhere instantly smiles cheekily at Lee seeing their interactions.

"Look at Georgie-" Angelina whispers.
"Ohohoho Georgieee~" Lee chuckles.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating??"

There's suddenly an angry voice surrounding outside the hall. Everyone immediately leaves their seats to see what's going on. This is something you don't get to see every day.

"But to question my practices is to question the ministry, and by extension, the minister himself!" Umbridge is arguing with McGonagall

Umbridge is arguing with McGonagall. Seems like her use of blood quills on students is exposed.

"Things in Hogwarts are far worse than I feared, Cornelius will want to take immediate actions!"

"CORNELIUS?" Jessie says out of shock which catches everyone's including Umbridge's attention. She is just so amazed that she calls the minister Cornelius. Is she in love with him or something? Everyone starts smiling hard realising this.

"Miss Kenwood, am I correct?" Umbridge starts walking down to Jessie.

"Oi! Psss!" Fred hints Jessie to be aware, for she is about to have the chance to compare their heights. Jessie's feeling exceptionally excited despite the fact that Umbridge is about to say something.

"I'm sure you know who Cornelius is, Miss Kenwood. You've been here for more than a year after all, here in England."

Instead of paying attention to her, Jessie low-key steps closer to Umbridge and stands really straight, keeps looking at the top of her head and the twins while trying to hold her grin back with all of her strength.

The Griffindors around start smiling so hard. Jessie is obviously so much taller than Umbridge, at least by half of a head.

Seeing Jessie's suppressed excitement and everyone's bright smiles, Umbridge knows there's something wrong with Jessie, and she is clearly unhappy with that.

"Let me know, Miss Kenwood, if you have any concerns or maybe, explanations." She chuckles with her fierce eyes wide open and finally leaves.

"I told you!" Jessie gives George a high five after Fred has flipped a coin to George.

"There's at least a 10 cm difference Fred how right was your mind to think it is Umbridge who is taller??" Hermione shakes her head and smirks.

"I'm so disappointed with you Freddie. I can't believe you think I'm actually shorter." Jessie slightly hits his arm.

"You can't blame me, you two share the same aura-"
"Noooooooo!"

Looks like no one has really paid attention to what Umbridge has said to Jessie just now.