(Chapter 4) Heartache

(Chara's P.O.V.)

"Say... how did you and Frisk even met?" I asked (Y/N) as we walk out of the room.

"It was like almost two years ago, she was being bullied by some people and I helped her, since then we became good friends.

"She was the only one who understood that I don't like being around with humans and I'm glad about that, it helped me a lot of keeping myself together." He stated.

"Uhm quick question for you Chara aren't Frisk and Toriel gonna see you?" He asked with a concerned look.

"No I'm invisible from everyone besides you, they also don't hear me unless I want them to see or hear me," I answered.

"You should think about an excuse for your sudden change of eye color," I added.

(Your P.O.V.)

"I'm working on that," I replied but as soon as I ended the sentence Frisk came around the corner, I managed to put some of my hair in my face to cover the red-eye before she could notice something.

"(Y/N)! We have to hurry! Toriel is gonna destroy the exit of the Ruins!" She yelled."Follow me!"

"Wait what why?" I asked while we were running downstairs into the basement and looked I behind me to look if Chara was still with me. Then I noticed she was right next to me.

"I asked her how to get out of the Ruins then she stood up saying that she must do something and I have a feeling that she's gonna destroy the exit."

Chara snorted beside me and said, "Not like you already know everything."

I had to keep myself from laughing and kept following Frisk after a while we stood in front of a big purple door, Toriel was already there...

"Do you want to leave so badly?" She asked,

"Then prove yourself! Prove that you two are strong enough to survive!" Then she created two fireballs in her hands.

"We are not gonna hurt her alright?" I said to Frisk she just nodded.

*Spare

"We are not gonna fight you, mom," Frisk said

.....

She threw the fireballs at us I easily dodged them so did Frisk

*Spare

.....

The same as before with just four fireballs

*Spare

.....

*Spare

....?

*Spare

"What are you doing?" She asked,

*Spare

"Attack or run away!" she said, "No." We both stated

*Spare

"What are you proving this way?"

*Spare

"Fight me or leave!"

*Spare

"Stop it."

*Spare

"Stop looking at me that way."

*Spare

"Go away!"
"NO!" I and Frisk yelled.

"Mom we can take care of ourselves self so please trust us and let us pass," Frisk said with a soft voice.

"Pathetic, is it not? I cannot save even a single child."

"No we are gonna do this, trust us ok?" I said while we stepped towards her.

"Y-yes you are right, I understand. You would just be unhappy trapped down there. The RUINS are very small once you get used to them.
"It would not be right for you to grow up in a place like this. My expectations... My loneliness... My fear... For you, my children... I will put them aside."

"Thank you," we said as we hugged her tightly.
"But when you step through the door please do not come ok." She said as she walked away and gave us a last gentle smile.

Me and Frisk went through the door, again there was only a green spot with Flowey...

"Wow! you really are an idiot you know?" He said to Frisk,
"Now you try MERCY? Hehe as for you." He looked at me,

"I'm gonna have an eye on you."

Then he disappeared into the ground.

We went further in front of another large door "Ready?" Frisk asked.
I looked to Chara she nodded and replied "Definitely."

And as we opened the door I felt something I haven't felt in a long time...
DETERMINATION

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) I'm sorry for this really short chapter, but the next one will be a little longer.

*cough 2000 words cough* wait that's not that long is it? o_o

Artwork by luminaura