.THREE.

Moshi's Carnival
________

"Seojun..."

After hearing his name, Seojun turned to Jennie almost immediately and looked around for any perverts.

"I'm tired," she complained and he blinked at her. He scoffed and turned away to walk again, ignoring what she said. She chuckled at how worked up he got, thinking she was in danger. "He doesn't seem that bad..." she thought.

After a long distance of walking, they eventually reached the front of a well known hotdog franchise called Jimmy's. The line for this stall was all the way across the lot.

"Stay here," Seojun instructed and placed Jennie just a few steps away from him at the front.

"Shouldn't you go line up?" Jennie asked and looked at the long line of people.

He ignored her words again and handed her some napkins and a plastic fork, "Play with this. Don't speak." He then proceeded to chat to a worker he knew at the stall, ordered the hotdogs and got the food right away. With one tap of the card, they were out of there. "I'll hold the food. The seating area is to the right. Lead the way," Seojun said and let Jennie walk ahead of him this time.

"Wait, look. I made an origami bird," Jennie smiled and flashed the folded napkin in Seojun's face. He grabbed the tissue from her and shoved it into his pocket.

"Walk straight ahead. Go."

"I just wanted to show you what I made..." Jennie mumbled and did as she was told.

Sure enough, straight ahead and to the right was where their friends were sitting. Seojun placed the food on the table and sat at the far corner, even though Yoongi offered the seat beside him.

In an attempt to include him, Lisa and Jisoo moved to sit in front of Seojun while Doyun sat next to him.

"Thanks for the food, Seojun! It's delicious but... aren't you going to eat too?" Lisa asked and Seojun kept his head down and his cap low.

"I don't have an appetite," Seojun replied. "If you want anything else, I'll just buy it for you."

"That's okay, Seojun. Jennie unnie and Chaeyoung went to get more food," Jisoo said and took a bite of her food.

Seojun looked up with a confused face. He didn't remember hearing that they came with a Chaeyoung and he wasn't sure which Chaeyoung they were referring to. He happened to know someone named Chaeyoung before. "Jennie and who...?" he asked.

"Ah, Chaeyoung is Rosé's Korean name," Jisoo clarified.

"Where did they go?" Seojun asked as he stood up.

"Over there, to get some funnel cakes."

Jisoo pointed to the stall a few feet away from them and Seojun hurried over without thinking. Just he thought, Chaewon was wandering around the area, probably looking for another victim to verbally harass. Seojun approached the two girls and they smiled upon seeing him. He stood there awkwardly, thinking of a way to hide Jennie. The only thing he thought of was to take his cap off and put it on her head. It was quite big so he adjusted it for her, then walked away without speaking, leaving Jennie and Rosé confused to the bone.

Seojun shuffled into the crowd and silently cursed himself in embarrassment. "Gah, my hat... why the fuck did I just do that...? That's my favourite hat. I'm so fucking dumb," he mumbled and he glimpsed in Jennie's direction every now and then to make sure she was alright. Then it dawned on him, "Aish, of course Chaewon would recognize my fucking hat! I gotta get it back," Seojun groaned and headed back.