.TWENTY EIGHT.

CHUNHUA HOSPITAL
--- (Time Lapse; a few weeks later)

"So far it's a perfect score for all the tests, Seojun. If I could give bonus points then you'd be above and beyond. Great job. I'll see you again next week. You, too, Jennie. Take care," Physiotherapist Jackie said and left the room.

As the door closed, Jennie turned around and squealed in happiness. She hugged Seojun tightly and he kissed her head.

"I knew it! I told you, Seojun. Tell me I was right!"

Seojun chuckled, "you were right."

"And what else?"

Seojun sighed and shook his head.

"Ahem.. I'm sure there was more to that sentence..."

"You're right and... 'the world's most beautiful and bestest girlfriend'," Seojun said and Jennie kissed his cheek.

"Good," she replied then a wave of pain hit her stomach, "ugh, my stomach."

"What's wrong?" Seojun held her waist and brushed her hair back with his right hand.

"Nothing's wrong. It's probably in digestion." The stress of Seojun being in the hospital was getting to her and she assumed it was the reason why, but she couldn't tell Seojun because she knew he'll worry.

Jennie was still holding her stomach when the Mrs. Jang came in to check up on Seojun.

"Good morning, you two. Jennie, are you okay? What's wrong?" Mrs. Jang asked and approached them.

"My stomach just hurts. I'll be fine."

"Are you experiencing menstrual cramps?"

"No, I don't think it's that."

"Let's have a check up on you and see. Do you mind? Scratch that, I'm not taking no for answer."

Jennie nodded her head and Mrs. Jang held her arm.

"Seojun, you should stay here. We won't be long."

"But-"

"No buts. Go sit down and practice writing," she scolded and Seojun backed away.

Seojun sat down at the table and picked up the pencil with his right hand. He moved slowly but his hand was quite shaky and his writing turned messy.

He sighed and put the pencil down. He looked at his hand. The stitches had been taken out and he was on the slow recovery of the muscles and nerves in his fingers. He opened and closed his hand, taking him probably a few minutes to do either action.

Opened and closed, opened and closed, opened and closed. With all the metal and small marks of stitches in his flesh to hold its structure, it barely felt like a hand.

Seojun stared at his hand for while and the women came back.

Seojun immediately got up and almost tripped as he went to Jennie.

"What did the doctor say? Is everything alright? What happened, mum?"

"Seojun, let her breathe. Get her a chair," Mrs. Jang said and Seojun quickly grabbed a chair for Jennie.

She sat down and he knelt on the floor while holding her hands to wait for her to speak.

"I'll be downstairs."

As soon as the door closed, Seojun spoke. "Are you okay?"

Jennie began to tear up and Seojun wiped the ones that fell onto her cheeks. She shook her head and pulled him into a hug. They stayed like that for a while.