.NINE.

Chunhua's Yacht, "Marilyn 77"
________

Jennie sat quietly with her legs together and her back straight. She clutched Seojun's Adidas hat in her lap and tried not to think about the waves crashing into the sides of the boat.

Seojun noticed from afar and decided to bring her a bucket.

"This is my mum's yacht so... just in case," he said but she wasn't in the mood to joke around.

He placed the bucket next to Jennie and she looked at him with a pout. Seojun pointed the bucket and Jennie shook her head.

"Can you sit with me? Talking will keep me distracted," Jennie said.

"No."

"But Seojun pleaseeee~" Jennie whined and stomped her feet like a little kid.

Seojun eventually gave in with an annoyed sigh and sat next to her.

"Why did you mom name her boat 'Marilyn 77'?"

"Her grandmother was named 'Marilyn'. Her grandmother met her grandfather in 1977 and got married that same year. They took care of my mother when she lived in Canada."

"Awh, that's so sweet," Jennie said with a smile and he shrugged. "Mm... Will your dad be at tonight's dinner?" she asked cautiously.

"No," he replied. "It's my mum's house."

"Ah... Is it as big as your other house?"

"No, my mum's house is bigger. She owns the entire island."

Jennie was shocked and nodded slowly. Then she wondered how much money Seojun's family had for his mother to own an entire island...

"So, what instruments do you play-"

"No more talking. I don't enjoy socializing," Seojun said and took the hat out of Jennie's hands to put it on his head.

She hasn't adjusted the cap so it was still fitted to his head. A few waves bumped and rocked boat, making Jennie groan. She hugged Seojun arm and he leaned away.

"You took my seasickness hat so I have nothing to hug," Jennie said and rested her head against his shoulder. "And you smell good today."

"Sniff or hug. Choose one," Seojun said sternly.

"Hug then."

Jennie lifted his arm and hugged his chest tightly as she groaned.

"Are you.. alright?" Seojun asked and put his arm on the railing behind Jennie instead of holding her.

"I'm fine... Just a little while longer right?" Jennie asked.

"Yeah, just one more hour," Seojun said and Jennie whined. "Don't throw up on me."

"No promises," she replied and hugged him tightly for the next few minutes with her eyes tightly shut.

"Jennie, are you alright?" someone asked and Jennie peaked with one eye.

"Mrs. Jang?" Jennie said and quickly let go to Seojun to stand up and bow to his mother.

Mrs. Jang stopped her halfway and Jennie tried her best to keep her composure.

"I just came up to see what's keeping you two from getting off and now I see," Mrs. Jang said and smiled between the two. "I'll leave you to it then."

After she left the boat Jennie glared at Seojun.

"You said another hour!"

Seojun laughed, "I lied."

Jennie slapped his shoulder when he walked past her to exit the boat, then Jennie began to think.