.SIX.

The Jang Residence, "Nework Mannor"
________

Seojun and Jennie sat awkwardly in the back of a Rolls Royce. Seojun had picked up Jennie not too long ago and they're already on the long drive up a hill to the Nework Mannor. Once they arrived, a butler helped the two out of the car and there they stood, on the driveway of a megamansion.

"Oh my god..." Jennie exclaimed with her jaw slightly dropped. She rubbed her eyes to see if everything was actually real, and even pinched herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"Welcome home, Mr. Jang," the butler said and bowed. "And welcome, Ms. Kim. I will be your personal escort during your stay here at Nework Mannor. Please do not hesitate to ask me anything."

"Yeah... just call her Jennie," Seojun said to the butler.

Seojun patted the butler's shoulder once and walked through the double doors of the house that were, of course, held open for him and Jennie.

Jennie hurried and followed him through giant foyer with the most beautiful and intricate crystal chandeliers. The floor was marble and so were the pillars. With the priceless paints on the walls, the foyer at least had to be worth over ten million dollars.

"Seojun, you're here," Mrs. Jang said with a bright smiled. She walked over to hug Seojun dearly.

Jennie gently creeped from behind, she had never entered a house where shoes were allowed to be worn indoors and not taken off at the entrance, therefore she felt more out of place than ever.

"And you brought Jennie!" Mrs. Jang smiled again and gave Jennie a warm hug as well.

"Thank you for inviting me to your home, Mrs. Jang. It's absolutely breathtaking. I actually feel quite... out of place," Jennie laughed awkwardly.

"Oh, dear, this isn't my house. But I'm very happy to have you join us for dinner so please don't feel out of place. Seojun has never brought anyone home before," Mrs. Jang said with happiness on her face as she stared at Seojun.

Then... Mr. Jang appeared. Instantly, the atmosphere was struck with unexpected tension and melancholy.

"That's because he's never come home enough to bring anyone," Mr. Jang said and stood with his hands tucked behind his back.

Seojun gave his father look and a small bow before stepping back to stand next to Jennie.

"I thought I told you to wear something nice. You're the son of a rich man, at least dress like one. And you," Mr. Jang said and looked at Jennie's outfit.

Seojun stepped in front of Jennie, facing her, and blocking his father's view of her.

"I... I'm sorry... Will you agree to change your outfit?... Please," he asked. It was clear that those words weren't from him but from his father.

"I'll take her, dear, you can find suits in your room."

Seojun watched as Mrs. Jang lead Jennie elsewhere and once they disappeared, there was an eerie silence.

"When will you ever learn to tell the truth?" Mr. Jang said and Seojun turned around. "Who is that girl you brought? I know she isn't the girl you've been seeing."

Seojun wrapped his fingers around his thumb and made a fist in one hand.

"You're a disgrace to our family. You're lucky your mother wanted you here because if it were up for me to decide, you'd already be living on the street."

Watching Mr. Jang walk away, Seojun was in desolation by the sound of those gut-wrenching footsteps that made his head spin violently. Even Mr. Jang's voice made Seojun desperately want to rip his own ears off.