.TWENTY FIVE.

JENNIE'S HOUSE
---

"I'm so sorry," Jennie apologized and bent down but Seojun stopped her.

"Let me clean up. Watch Kuma and Kai," Seojun said and picked up the pieces of glass.

"You were smoking cigarettes? Why would you do that?" Mrs. Kim asked and helped Jennie pick up the dogs.

"It's because of Seojun, isn't it? I told you he would be a bad influence on her," Mr. Kim replied.

"It's not because of Seojun! Can you stop blaming everything on him?" Jennie snapped and felt instant regret.

"How do you explain the fact that the first time you skipped class was with him?" Mr. Kim asked.

"I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. Let's not argue about this tonight," Mrs. Kim said and rubbed her temples.

Seojun put the broken glass in a bag and used a wet paper towel to clean the rest.

"I was already hesitant when you told me to let him off the hook for assaulting a fellow student, but Jennie if I find out he's done anything to you, I'll-"

"Appa, can you stop blaming him? You don't know anything about my relationship with Seojun! You can't just judge him off of rumours!" Jennie shouted.

"Jennie, keep you voice down. And you," Mrs. Kim said to Mr. Kim who was standing up now, "don't you trust her? Can't you see that Seojun has made her happier and more alive around the house?"

"Jennie has been sulking every time I've seen her at school for the past week. What do you expect me to think?"

"Wash the dishes yourself, appa. Seojun and I are leaving," Jennie said and pulled Seojun by the hand.

They walked out of the kitchen and Jennie still had Kuma in her arms. She put some slippers on and walked out the front door.

"Jennie, hold on," Seojun called after her but she kept walking.

"She's never had such a temper before. I'm telling you it's his fault!" Seojun heard from the dining room.

He sighed and chased after Jennie who waited by Seojun's car, pulling on the door handle and becoming frustrated.

"Jennie, you shouldn't leave like this."

"I don't want to hear it. Can we go please?"

Seojun pried her hand off of the handle and held it in his. He gave her a serious look.

"Let go back inside. We should talk it out with your father."

"I don't want to talk to him. You out of all people should be on my side..." she huffed.

"At least your father cares enough to be protective of you..." Seojun said and Jennie's expression softened.

Jennie's father was never an easygoing person and despite his useless attempts to be "a good father," Mr. Kim could never compare to Seojun's father.

"I'm sorry, Seojun."

Seojun nodded and walked back to the house with Jennie. She put Kuma down and the two walked into the dining room.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice at you, appa. But I still don't appreciate the fact that you blame my actions on Seojun so... I think you owe him an apology."

Mr. Kim looked at his daughter then at Seojun. He got up from his seat and walked out of the room without another word.

"Please excuse his behaviour, Seojun. And thank you for bringing Jennie back," Mrs. Kim said and pat his arm before leaving the room too.