.TWENTY SEVEN.

CHUNHUA HOSPITAL
---

"Would you like to see him, Jennie?" Mrs. Jang asked.

She had called Jennie when Seojun was on the way to the hospital and Jennie arrived long before them. A day had already passed but Jennie stayed at the hospital, waiting for Seojun to finish surgery.

Jennie nodded at Mrs. Jang and the two of them went into the room. Seojun was staring at the ceiling so he didn't notice Jennie come in.

"Do we know what he broke?" Mrs. Jang asked and the doctor nodded sadly.

"There is slight bruising on his neck and he might not be able to swallow anything for a while. As for his hand..."

The doctor pulled up an x-ray machine and the screen showed many horrifying photos of Seojun's hand.

"His first two fingers snapped in half upon impact while the other two are fractured. His thumb suffered a nail fracture and there is a crack in the knuckle of his middle finger..."

Seojun closed his eyes and Mrs. Jang looked at his hand in the cast. She was tearing up but continued to listen to the doctor.

"... Some of his carpal bones in the wrist have shifted from the force of the punch but luckily, both his radius and ulna are not damaged. However, he may still feel pain within his entire arm and shoulder, even in his back or neck since there's no way to telling how much of the impact the cartilage in his joints have taken until later. I've already mentioned the regular check ups at the hospital and am arranging a physiotherapist for him at this hospital."

"Thank you, Dr. Sun. Please share my gratitude with the rest of your team."

"Would you like an update of your husband?"

Mrs. Jang thought for a moment then shook her head. "I'll deal with him later."

Dr. Sun bowed and Mrs. Jang gestured for Jennie to come closer to Seojun since she was standing near the door, looking at Seojun with sad eyes.

Dr. Sun stopped at the door and turned around.

"Also, Director Jang... You've mentioned that your son goes to an Arts School..."

"That's right..." Mrs. Jang said and knew what the doctor would say next.

"Well, there is significant damage to the nerves in his hand and there is no guarantee that the tissue will repair itself to an extent to... to play an instrument again..."

The doctor bowed again before leaving the room and Mrs. Jang began to cry silently.

"I'm going to get some water, Seojun," she said, trying her best to stay strong.

Mrs. Jang left the room and Seojun opened his eyes again. He saw Jennie and she stared at him with a quivering lip.

Seojun tried to sit up and Jennie ran to his side to help him. He moved over on the bed and opened his arms. Jennie sat on the bed next to him and wrapped her arms around him, resting her head on his chest.

"He hurt you again, Seojun..." Jennie said weakly.

She pulled away from the hug and put a hand on his cheek. The bruises on his neck looked painful and frightening.

Seojun opened his mouth and Jennie just shook her head and interrupted him.

"Don't talk. You're not allowed to this time."

He nodded and looked around the room, but even that was hurting him. He reached over and winced as he took the notepad and pen from his beside table.