.THIRTY FOUR.

JYPE BUILDING
---

"Perfect, you're here," JYP said when Chaeyoung brought him to a room where the rest of TWICE sat at a long table. "Please take an empty seat by Sana or Tzuyu."

Seojun awkwardly walked over the seat that was closest, which was between Tzuyu and Jihyo. He knew who they were, they work and went to school together, but they weren't friends or anything.

The girls saw the bruises on his face but ignored it since it would be rude to point it out in the moment. This meeting was quite important.

"Firstly, thank you for coming on such short notice, Seojun. I'm very happy you could make it," JYP said as he sat down at the table.

"Yes, it's no problem, sir," Seojun replied.

"While you were on the way, we've already discussed the premises of a new... "project"... for you to indulge on. Since you've been an active member of JYPE now, I want to reward you on your hard work. For TWICE's next comeback stage next weekend, you will attend with them."

"JYP wants us to show you the feeling of being an idol," Jihyo explained. "You won't need to go on stage or anything, but he wants to see the public reaction to you."

"But... I'm not even an idol. Why would I need this?" Seojun asked. None of this was making any sense to him.

"As I've told you before, Seojun, I see potential in you. You don't believe you're worthy of being an idol because your hand hasn't fully healed yet, but you have much more talent than just playing instruments, son."

"I've told JYP and the girls about what we work on in the studio. Even our staff and managers, and other JYP idols, think your work is phenomenal. Give this a chance, Seojun," Chaeyoung said and Jihyo nodded.

Seojun looked at the hopeful faces around him. He was quite speechless.

"I'm flattered by the offer, sir... but I have no interest in being an idol anymore. I hope you-"

"Why, Seojun-ah? Please think throughly!"

"Sana, calm down," Momo said.

"Do you have any more questions? I have another meeting to attend," JYP said and waited for a response.

"... Why is TWICE going to show me how to be an idol? Shouldn't a boy group do that?" Seojun asked.

"The only boy groups attending the show next weekend is Stray Kids therefore I trust you in the hands of TWICE as opposed to them.... for reasons no other than experience," JYP replied but it was probably because StrayKids would be too immature with Seojun around.

Seojun has worked with Stray Kids and ITZY when TWICE was busy with other things and both groups were quite chaotic--in the studio and during free time.

"Just give it a try, Seojun. You'll have a chance to socialize with other idols without much impact on your image just yet, and other companies like YG and SM will surely look your way. If you don't enjoy the attention then I won't ask you to do this again, I promise," JYP said. "Anyway, I must be going. Let the girls know your decision by today and they'll get back to me."

JYP left the room and Seojun was still sitting at the table with the members of TWICE. There were separate conversations among the table until Nayeon spoke up.

"Seojun, I'm writing a new song, could you help me work on it? Chaeyoung always takes up your time so I never get to ask you," she said.

"Ah, can I watch? I want to see Seojun work again. It was so cool last time. He literally came up with a song out of no where," Dahyun added.

"Let's ask Seojun those questions later. We need to focus on his answer first. So would you like to come to the show with us?" Jihyo asked with a smile.

There was a knock on the door and a few members of Stray Kids peeked in.

"Ay, Seojun, what's up?" Chan said and walked inside with a bright smile. "When's our next studio session?"

"Chan, we're having a meeting. What are you doing here?" Sana asked and Chan shrugged.

"JYP told us to come, noona."

Hyunjin and Han nodded before greeting Seojun in the same manner as Chan.

"Seojun! Did you read the group chat?" Han asked.

"Yah, what's in the group chat?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Nothing..." Hyunjin replied and winked at Seojun to keep the secret.

The Stray Kids have been texting Seojun about what their favourite types of noodles were. Seojun hasn't responded to their texts since he was with Jennie all day then here.

"Seojun probably like the thicker kinds," Chan said, speaking about the text messages, "He seems like that type of guy, you know."

"Ah, I agree. But thinner ones taste better-"

"Please get out," Nayeon said and the boys hid their smiles as they walked away from Seojun.

"Bye, hyung!" Hyunjin said with a wave before Chan pulled him out of the room.

"JYP thinks those guys could be more convincing than us?" Jeongyeon said with a laugh.

"To be fair, they're good friends with Seojun..." Mina said.

"Did you want to be good friends with Seojun too, Mina?" Nayeon teased and Mina blushed after being caught off guard.

"That's not what I meant..."

"Seojun," Chaeyoung called and pulled a chair closer to Seojun. "I think you should come to the show. I promise that after the first time being at a place like that, you'll fall in love with the atmosphere."

"Like JYP said, if you don't enjoy it, you won't have to deal with it again," Jihyo said. "We won't force you if you don't want to but please consider it. You're fun in the studio so maybe you could keep us awake backstage before our show."

"... I don't think I'm fit for this," Seojun said.

"Just because you think that doesn't mean it's true! And plus, JYP and all of us believe in you so that's ten against one," Chaeyoung said.

Seojun sighed and everyone paid attention to him now, expecting an answer. He looked at everyone and rolled his eyes.

"... Alright. I'll do it."

"Yay! But also, you can't tell anyone about this. We can't bring attention to you before you show up..."

•••
Thank you for reading ✌️