.THIRTY TWO.

SILVER VALLEY DOMITORY
---

"Got the stitches out, huh? What even happened?" Doyun asked when Seojun entered their dorm.

Seojun was working in the JYP building the whole morning and came back to the dorm briefly before telling Doyun and Yoongi he had to go to the hospital.

"I've already tried that question, hyung," Yoongi replied.

The two were sitting at the dining table with Jungkook and Taehyung. Taehyung brought Yeontan over-Taehyung's dog-in hopes of cheering Seojun up but he wasn't in the mood to be happy.

Seojun took out a bottle of water from the fridge but struggled to open it properly. His stitches were taken out but it still hurt every time he moved his shoulder, not to mention the right hand that still wasn't getting better. In fact, it only ever improved when he was around Jennie and they haven't spoken in months now.

"Need some help, hyung?" Jungkook offered and put his hand out for the bottle.

"Thanks," Seojun replied and drank his water.

"Seojun, has Jennie come back yet? I heard she was allowed to leave earlier because they're about to release music soon," Taehyung said and picked up Yeontan.

Yoongi smacked Taehyung on the back of his head and gave him a warning look, while Doyun shook his head.

"I was just wondering since we saw them at an award show the other night-"

"Hyung, you should stop talking now," Jungkook said and Taehyung looked around innocently.

"I'm going to my room," Seojun said and walked away. As soon as they hear his door slam shut, everyone glared at Taehyung for saying Jennie's name out loud.

"Jennie has been ignoring him for the entire summer. I told you not to mention her!" Yoongi said.

"That's weird..." Taehyung said. "Didn't Rosé call you last weekend, Doyun?"

All the boys looked at Doyun who only shrugged.

"I don't know why Jennie's ignoring him. Why would I ask Rosé? That's awkward..." he replied.

"Our friend is suffering and you're worried about being awkward?" Jungkook asked with attitude.

"Yah, watch your tone. I'm older than you!" Doyun said.

"But not nearly as tall," Jungkook joked and Doyun threatened Jungkook with a fist.

In his room, Seojun laid on his bed. He dialled Jennie's number but she didn't pick up. He sighed deeply and covered his face with a pillow.

Seojun's shoulder started to hurt again but not nearly as much as the constant aching in his heart. It felt like his heart was being ripped out every time he thought of Jennie.

"Why are you ignoring me? What did I do?"

Seojun looked at his phone again and scrolled through Twitter. Social media was the only way he could see Jennie again so he made accounts for everything she was on.

Twitter only had tweets of Jennie's dating news, so he went to Instagram, and again, everywhere he looked was Jennie and Kai from EXO. Facebook, Youtube, WeChat, TikTok, Snapchat, anything and everything had Jenkai written all over.

Everything, including the things in his room, reminded him of Jennie. He thought of it as a good thing but now it was torturous.

Then, Seojun opened the V LIVE app and went to BLACKPINK's page where he search for Jennie's videos. There weren't any recent lives with just her so he looked at the older ones, clicking on a video from November 13, 2017.

He eventually fell asleep with his phone in his hand, listening to Jennie's voice on the video.

The next morning, Seojun woke up to a call. He rubbed his eyes and cleared his throat as he picked up his phone.

"Hello?"

"Good morning, Seojun! It's Jennie's eomma."

"Oh?" Seojun sat upright and cleared his throat again, "good morning, Mrs. Kim."

She laughed over the phone, "I'm sorry if I woke you up."

"No, that's okay. I've been awake for hours, ha... What did you need?"

"I have another technical issue for you to solve. I'm sorry that this keeps happening but I'm not very good with machines. Could you come over today if you don't have work?"

"Um, of course, Mrs. Kim. I'll come before... 11AM."

"Perfect. I'll make you some brunch too."

"That's not necessary-"

"Alright, then, I'll see you soon, Seojun!" Mrs. Kim said and immediately hung up the phone.

Seojun ran a hand through his hair and only now realized that he hasn't showered since yesterday. He took a quickly shower and changed into a black polo tucked into a pair of jeans. He grabbed a jacket before leaving the dorm and made a stop before heading to Jennie's house.

---
JENNIE'S HOUSE
---

"Omo! Seojun, thank you. They're beautiful."

Mrs. Kim took a bouquet of flowers from Seojun's hands and invited him inside the house. She walked to the living room and he followed her, but not after greeting the two adorable dogs that roamed the house.

"What happen to your face, Seojun?"

Mrs. Kim held his chin and looked at the bruise near his temple and the one on his cheekbone.

"It's not much. What did you need help with, Mrs. Kim?" Seojun asked as he held Kuma in his arms.

"Oh, that was actually an excuse. I needed you to come over for a different reason."

"Like what?"

"Jennie came back home a few nights ago and has been inactive around the house. I know about what's been going on between you two and I know she won't ask for you herself so... Could you go check on her? She's in her room."

Seojun took a deep breath and put Kuma down. He bowed to Mrs. Kim and made his way to Jennie's room.

After a few knocks Mrs. Kim called out to him.

"Just open the door, Seojun. I know she's awake."

Seojun turned the door knob and entered the room. Jennie was curled up in a ball near edge of her bed and Seojun knelt on the floor next to her. She didn't lay on a pillow and was instead, hugging it tightly against herself.

He brushed some stray hairs out of her face and put her covers higher to cover her shoulder, then laid his head on her bed.

Jennie peaked at him and he had his eyes closed. She pouted as she looked at him. They haven't seen each other in months and she knew he was probably confused about everything between them.

It was evident that he hasn't gotten a haircut in a while as she ran a hand through the hair behind his ear.

Seojun opened his eyes and lifted his head. Jennie saw the bruises on the side of his face and sat upright.

"Seojun..."

•••
Thank you for reading ✌️