Epilogue

A year later.

Happiness is what Kaycee felt when she walked in the door, when she knew that for the rest of her life, he's all hers. It's not that he's fireworks and chatter; mostly he's pretty quiet-having his occasional whines and playful jokes- unwinding after a busy day. Just being near him lighted Kaycee up inside, giving her a sense of serenity she can never know without him being close. It's like the breaths she takes aren't full when he's away, like the smiles she smile are incomplete somehow. Just lying next to him was her favorite place in the world. It's him that creates the warmth in her soul, him that fills her full of love and keeps the fire burning in her eyes. And Sean could say the exact same about the brunette and her son.

Sighing contently to herself, Kaycee hung her jacket onto the coat rack.

'You're home. Finally' Sean murmured, wrapping his arms around her from behind and nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck. 'How was work?'

'Good...and how was Kayden?' She giggled back, holding onto his hands as he swayed them back and forth.

'Amazing as always' Kayden followed them, his hair in a dire need of a cut. 'Not gonna lie though, I think that since Sean's here, I'm getting less attention, you're talking her away from me' he huffed jokingly.

'We'll just have to share her, won't we?' Sean chuckled, pressing a kiss onto Kaycee's cheeks. Kaycee squeezed Sean's hand-a sign to let go- before she embraced Kayden in a long, tight hug.

'How's my baby doing?' She cooed, picking him up slightly and ruffling his hair.

'Put me down, I can't breathe-it's okay, I don't want to share' Kayden tried, pushing at Kaycee's arms.

Kaycee rolled her eyes, letting him go as she watched him run back into the living room. She turned to face Sean, pushing her bottom lip out as she jumped into his arms and wrapped her arms around his torso. 

'So what's for dinner?' 

'What makes you think that I cooked something, huh?' Sean questioned, raising a brow as he leaned his face inches above hers.

'Because you love me and you'd do anything for me' Kaycee tried, rising on her tippy ties as she pecked his lips lightly.

'That is very true' Sean thought aloud,-unraveling from her- holding onto her hips and directing her into the kitchen. 'Today's movie night, so hurry up and eat. Then we can watch something' he said excitedly.

'You're not gonna stay with me?' Kaycee asked, pouring herself a glass of water.

'I would-but the last thing I want is for Kay to pick something so...bye' he waved, pressing a tender kiss onto her lips before leaving.

A giggle fell from Kaycees lips, taking a fork in hand before she dug into her Sean lew meal. Definitely a huge pro of being with him. Professional-standard level cooking. 

'I'll never not like this' Kaycee thought aloud, munching on the prawns and rice dish. It was her favourite and he knew that well and clear, so no matter how long it took or how busy he was, he'd make sure to cook it and have it ready for when she cane back from a long day at work.

'Kaycee! Hurry up!' Sean shouted from the living room. Kaycee took the bowl in her hands, balancing it along with a cup of water as she entered the room. Pillows and fluffy blankets laid all over the sofa, her two favourite people seated right next to each other, Kayden's head already on Sean's lap as he massaged his set of curls..

'Sit' Sean smiled, patting the seat next to him. Kaycee was careful not to trip over anything as she prayed that she wouldn't spill her food all over the floor. She didn't care if the floor got dirty but she might have thrown a tantrum if she lost her good homemade meal.

'What movie is it?' Kaycee whispered into Sean's ear. Sean laid one of his hands on her knee-the other occupied in Kayden's hair- rubbing smooth circles along it.

'Something like Home Fly? Or Fly home? Wait-it's I know oh yeah, it's Fly away home' he said proudly, nodding his head.

'Sounds good, never heard of it' Kaycee giggled, leaning her head onto his shoulder whilst she continued eating.

'I love you and all, but just saying it's not that pleasant to hear your eating right in my ear' Sean joked,  giving her knee a loving squeeze.

Kaycee lifted her head off his shoulder, giving him a glare along the way. The starting credits finished rolling in on the screen and the movie was just beginning. A theme song started playing before Kaycee realized that she hadn't brought her favorite blanket down from her room. Of course, since she now had a loving partner, she thought who better to get it then Sean.

'Love? Could you get my-' Kaycee started, tapping on Sean's shoulder, before she got a reply from both boys. Kayden had lifted his head up from Sean's lap, looking at Kaycee, and Sean was looking at her with a full dimpled smile.

'She called me' Sean whispered softly, pushing Kayden's head back done onto his lap.

'She didn't' kayden huffed, sitting up straight and looking at Sean with an 'are you crazy' look, fully complete with the crossed arms and eyebrow raise.

'Yes she did, it doesn't matter bud it's just-' Sean tried, as if it was no big deal. Because it really wasn't a big deal.

'Hold up there, I was her love first' Kayden scoffed.

'So? I'm the love of her life' Sean defended himself, taking Kaycee's hand in his.

'Hell no youre not' Kayden snapped, slapping Sean's hand away from Kaycee's. The teen stood up, squeezing himself in between his parents. 'That's better' he hummed.

'But I wanted to sit beside Kayc-' Sean started.

'It doesn't matter' Kayden said smartly-imitating what Sean had told him seconds prior- directing his eyes back onto the screen. Sean huffed but followed his actions, eyes turning back to the screen with a pout playing on his lips.

And for Kaycee, she was smiling ar to ear, her smile never faltering as stared at both boys with admiration. She couldn't believe that this was her life now. 

If that isn't happiness Kaycee didn't know what was. So let it be her own definition, the one she kept with her always. She wasn't closer to happiness, anymore. She had found it and sure enough, she'd never let it go.

AN| 👋! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THE FINALE CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK. IM ACTUALLY SO SAD THAT THIS BOOK IS OVER! I LOVED WRITING IT SM.

AND THANK YOU ALLL OF YOU GUYS FOR YOUR CONSTANT SUPPORT. IM NEARLY AT 10K READS IN JUST A LITTLE OVER A MONTH. THAT'S CRAZYYYY!

I'LL BE GOING BACK TO MY ONE SHOTS NOW, THAT THIS BOOK IS FINISHED. HOWEVER, I'LL BE TAKING A TWO DAY BREAK JUST TO RELAX BEFORE I GET BACK WRITING THEM. SO THE NEXT ONE-SHOT WILL BE POSTED ON FRIDAY! ITS TUESDAY FOR ME TODAY! 

QOTD: FAVOURITE CHAPTER/MOMENT FROM THIS BOOK? mines probably chapter 1. The very first one.

❤️❤️❤️

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX