09

'We're giving Sean a ride' Kaycee told Bailey after she had seated Kayden in the back with his seatbelt on.

'You really wanna spend time with him, don't you?... you barely know him and you're making moves' Bailey joked, wiggling her eyebrows and punching Kaycee's shoulder lightly.

'No, that's not the reason at all-ugh. He's just sleepy, and I offered him a ride because he took care of Kay for two hours, besides it's dangerous to let somoeone whose as sleepy as he is drive' Kaycee replied exasperatedly with a hand on her heart.

'Whatever helps you sleep at night' Bailey giggled, getting inside the drivers seat. She turned on some music, making sure it wasn't too loud as she drummed her fingers on the wheel.

'Thank you, Kaycee' Sean murmured, holding onto her shoulder-once he walked up to her- and giving it a light squeeze as he proceeded to sit in the back seat.

'You can sit in the front if it makes you more comfortable' Kaycee offered, opening the door for him.

'It's alright. I'll stay back here' Sean whispered, crawling in beside Kayden and buckling his seatbelt.

'All good?' Bailey asked as she started the engine. Soft snores cake as a response and the two girls laughed as they began their long drive back home. Bailey passed through greens light, swerving and driving past corners before she realized a plot hole. She pulled over at a nearby kerb, stopping the engine as she turned to face Kaycee.

'What's wron-'

'K, do you know where he lives?' Bailey asked, as she looked behind and saw Sean sleeping with his head rested against the window.

'Oh shit' Kaycee cursed, dragging a hand down her face when she realized their problem.

'Lets just try waking him up' Bailey suggested, removing her seatbelt as she frantically shook Sean's knee. 'K, I think he might be dead' Bailey joked, seeing as there was no sign that Sean was awake in the slightest.

'Gosh, we're stupid' Kaycee groaned, hiding her face in her hands.

'We could just bring him back to your house and have him stay the night. I'll just come over tomorrow and drop him back here when he's awake' Bailey laughed, putting her seatbelt back on and turning on the engine.

'I don't know, Bails. He might not be comfortable sleeping over-'

'Oh for goodness sake, quit babbling. He's fucking asleep in the car with no sign of waking up. He'll be fine' Bailey interrupted, starting her engine and driving away. 'You worry too much'.

———————

'Kay, come on, help me here. Wake up' Kaycee mumbled, trying to pull him out of the back seat. 'Kay'.

'Mom' he murmured, looping his arms around her neck and tangling his legs around her waist.

'You're getting big, Kay. I can't do this forever' Kaycee giggled, carrying him inside and laying him on the couch. She pulled a blanket over his body, catching her breath before going back outside to wake Sean up.

'Sean?' She called out, getting a hum in repose. 'Uh-Sean?'

'I'm up!' He said frantically, hitting his head against the roof of the car in the doing.

Kaycee giggled. 'Sorry to wake you up...I hope you don't mind, but you fell asleep and we didn't know where you lived so we just brought you back to my house. You're more than welcome to stay the night. Sorry' Kaycee explained.

'Oh crap. Sorry' Sean apologized, rubbing the back of his head as he climbed out of the car.

'You can't take any room. I really don't mind' Kaycee followed him, holding her hands out just in case he tripped or fell back.

''Ah, he's finally inside' Bailey laughed, causing the boy to blush. 'I gotta get going, K. I need to be back home. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye' Bailey waved, giving Kaycee a side hug

'I'm so sorry to disturb you guys' Sean started, slapping his palm against his forehead as he  looked down at Kayden who was snuggled peacfeully on the couch. 'I think it'd be better if I leave'

'Don't worry about it. Guilt would eat me up alive if I let you go back on your own. Besides, you too care of Kay for me. Thank you again.' Kaycee smiled, handing Sean a cup of tea.

'Uh-yeah-I thank you?' he murmured, deciding it'd be better not to sit since there was a high possibility he'd fall asleep right then and there.

'I'm presuming that your cars still at the studio. Bailey said that she'd come over and give you a ride back there in the morning' Kaycee informed him, gesturing for him to follow her to a side room.

'Thank you' he said again, sipping km the drink as it quenched his dry throat.

'Kay's sleeping on the couch. You could take the guest room but the bed ain't that nice to sleep on. So you can sleep here in Kay's room or take my room upstairs' Kaycee offered, tidying up the small mess of artwork created on the side of the table.

'Th-this will be fine. Thank you, Kaycee' he smiled, agreeing to stay the night since he was too tired to even talk. 

'I'll be upstairs if you need anything. Don't fret to wake me up for anything at anytime' Kaycee murmured, walking past him. 'Good night'.

'Good night, Kaycee'.

God, what am I doing with my life. Literally sleeping in the house of someone I've known for a week or so. Not only that but I basically only know their son, Sean thought to himself as he let his eyes wander from picture to picture

 It finally settled on the big photo hanging above the bed. Switching the lights on he stared longingly at the picture, his jaw dropping open when her realized that not only was it a photo of Kaycee and Kayden but it was hand-drawn, fully sketched in a graphite pencil. And the boy said he was only slightly good at drawing.

He slowly approached the young boy's table, his hands brushing over more drawings and sketches Kayden had laid out as well as some paintings. 

Sean knew he shouldn't, but he opened the drawers only to be more awe struck by the artwork stored in there. Dozens of sketches of Kaycee, Bailey and Kayden all together, as well as the occasional animal and architecture sketches.

'God, he's talented' Sean whispered to himself, as he opened up yet another folder. A sheet of paper fell out which he carefully picked up trying not to make a single sound when his eyes trailed over it. Closer to happiness than I've ever been, it read in fancy calligraphy writing. There in front of him was a half-body sketch of Kaycee, Kayden and-what caught him off guard-himself.

'You need to sleep' Sean told himself, his eyes trailing up and down the image one last time before putting it back inside the drawers along with the rest he had pulled out. 'God, Sean. You're so tired you're seeing things' he laughed, erasing the image of him in one of Kayden's sketches.

'So so tired' he hummed, Clinton into the duvet and pulling it over his body.

AN| 👋! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING THIS. PERSONALLY, I DONT LIKE IT LOL. I JUST THINK I COULD HAVE DONE MORE WITH IT AND THAT ITS RUSHED.

ANYWYAS, TODAY'S MY 1ST DAY BACK TO SCHOOL, SO FOR TODAY IM POSTING THIS CHAPTER EARLIER THAN USUAL. AS A RESULT, I WONT BE ABLE TO REPLY TO COMMENTS UNTIL AFTER I COME BACK WHICH IS AROUND FIVE OR SIX HOURS LATER DEPENDING ON HOW TIRED I AM. ID LOVE TO COMEBACK TO ALL YOUR SWEET COMMENTS. IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY TO KNOW THAT YOU ENJOY THIS BOOK! BTW. THX FR ALL THE COMMENTS ON THE AST 9 CHAPTERS, 💕!

QOTD: WOULD YOU RATHER GO BACK IN TIME OR GO INTO THE FUTURE? probably into the future lol.

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX