11

2 days later

'Thank you guys so much for coming. Everyone was amazing! I can't wait to start the new combo tomorrow' Sean smiled, dismissing the young teens as everyone either filed out to the bathrooms or showed their bus passes to Julian.

'Sean' Kayden exclaimed, flying into his arms and squeezing him tightly.

'Hey there bud. Enjoy class?'

'Tiring but it was fun' Kayden said nonchalantly, not letting go off the hug as he savored every second of his warm embrace.

'Kay, dad says I have to go. Bye' Cora came up to the two, pouting at Sean. 'You're taking him away from me' she complained, her hands on her hip as she gave Sean a death glare.

'What can I say, I'm just very likable' Sean joked, but Kayden knew it was true. The girl let out a giggle, punching Sean's shoulder lightly.

'Bye Cora' Kayden mumbled, pulling away from the hug as he wrapped her arms around her lower back.

'Bye Kay. Text me when you get home' she smiled, holding onto his shoulders as she pressed a soft kiss onto his right cheek. 'Bye'.

'B-bye. Y-yeah. Okay' Kayden stammered, brushing his fingers over the cheeks she had kissed. Whether the two had been together for almost five months now, they never took the huge step of being overly affectionate. They usually just kept it to a hug or leaning on the latter's shoulder. So when, Cora and gracefully pecked Kayden's cheek, he was more than bewildered.

'You good, bud?! Sean squeezed his shoudlers, laughing as Kayden stood there frozen, mouth agape and pupils dilated.

'Couldn't be better' Kayden murmured, staring at the glass windows that led to the hallway. 

'Someone's in love' Sean teased, unplugging the sound system and his laptops as he gently pushed Kayden out of the studio.

'She kissed me. She kissed my cheek' Kayden whispered, still in shock as he pulled out his phone and met his tomato red face in the camera.

'I saw' Sean chuckled, still pushing Kayden inside his office room. 'You guys were standing literally a foot away from me'.

'Gosh' Kayden gasped. 

There was a long pause before either of them spoke again. Sean was staring at Kayden whom was staring at his reflection through the camera. The young boy mumbled something incoherent under his breath, taking long gasps as he tried to compose himself.

'Wait 'til I tell mom' he laughed, flopping onto the chair as he brought his legs to meet his chest.

'Talking about you mom, is she busy today? She's late' Sean thought aloud as he checked his watch.

'Probably got too caught up watching a tv show with Bailey' Kayden laughed to himself.

'She's pretty protective of you, I doubt she'd forget about you while watching something' Sean babbled, pouring Kayden a glass of orange juice. Kayden had managed to somewhat compose himself, his breathing going back to normal as he sipped on his drink. Sean was sitting back in his chair, occasionally laughing as Kayden his fingers over his cheek. 

Silence filled the room and the only noise that could be heard was the light bulbs flickering and the wind blowing outside. Well, that was until Kaycee barged through the room.

'Sorry I'm late' Kaycee breathed out, the door flying open as the girl hunched over in exhaustion.

'You need to stop rushing to get him. I told you yesterday that I have more than enough time to stay a couple hours with him' Sean explained, giving her a dimpled smile, which she kindly returned.