23

'Vodka on Thanksgiving, interesting'

'Sean' she laughed awkwardly, using her right hand to support the vodka as she slid it back onto the rack.

'Sorry if I scared you' he chuckled. 'You really think you're gonna have vodka on Thanksgiving?'

'No-uh-no, of course not, i-uh Bailey took it and I had to put it back into place' she replied, before realizing how stupid and unconvincing her answer seemed. Her back was turned to the side, her brown hair covering her face as she tried you suppress her blush before looking at him.

'That's what they all s-' Sean started, leaning his elbow on the counter before his eyes settled on Kaycee.

There was a shyness to her, hesitation in her body movements and a softness in her voice. Her brown romper had a tailored look that was bold against her flawless skin. She was right there, only a feet away, but in her understated glamour she might as well be on the television or a girl in a pop video. She rocked on her feet, her heels clicking rhythmically along with the piano being played a few meters away from them.

'I-I'm Sean' he flushed crimson red as the words flew out of his mouth, eyes growing larger by the second.

'I know who you are, silly' she laughed, a hint of childlike humor in her voice.

'Yeah-um, yeah' he scratched the back of his neck, averting her gaze as he looked down at his feet.

'Your first time joins us here for thanksgiving?' Kaycee striked up a conversation, leaning her back against the counter. She could feel herself trying extremely hard to stop the rising blush and stupid smile, but she felt so giddy and the megawatt smile appeared followed closely bu tinted cheeks.

'Yeah, it is' he answered shortly, still looking down at his feet. If it weren't for the way his ears had turned a darker shade, Kaycee wouldn't have realised that he was flustered.

'Mom sets up things here for Thanksgiving. She loves having literally anybody and everybody around' Kaycee giggled, unknowingly making Sean's smile grow wider. 'Loves feeling connected with other people'.

'My mom's the same...she's in China now, though so...' Sean smiled, tightening the hold of the paper cup in his hand. Kaycee noticed this, wondering if she should say anything, as one small tear was made before the paper cup ripped and the leftover water spilled onto his clothes. 'Shit'.

'Oh gosh' Kaycee tried to stifle a giggle, covering her mouth with one hand as she grabbed a towel and passed it to him.

'Looks like Lew Lew managed to wet himself at his first ever thanksgiving party away from home' Chloe teased, joining the two along with Bailey.

'You watch that mouth of yours, I'm driving you home' Sean warned, dragging a hand down his face as he cringed at the wet feeling of his pants rubbing against his upper thigh.

'This is my new best friend' Bailey laughed, wrapping she arms around Chloe's shoulder as she tilted her head and laid it there.

'What did you drink, Bails? Are you drunk?'Kaycee questioned, when hearing Bailey's tired and slightly slurring voice.

'Just because I'm tired doesn't mean I'm drunk' Bailey huffed. ' this is  why I love Chloe more'.

'You barely know her' Kaycee sighed, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms above her chest. The two friends got lost in an argument, while Sean helplessly tried to dry himself with the annoying help of Chloe teasing him.

'Call Jules and ask him to bring an extra pair of pants' Sean groaned.

'You do it yourself. Do I look like a servant to you?' Chloe scoffed, trying to hide the smile creeping it's way onto her lips. 'You're his best friend. You do it'