21

'I hate shopping' Kayden groaned far too loud, receiving a few glares from the other customers inside the shop.

'Then hurry up and choose something. The quicker you choose, the quicker we can leave' Kaycee informed him, rolling her eyes as she brushed her fingers through the rack of suits.

'Can you drop me back home, then come back here and just pick something for me?' He questioned, pushing his bottom lip out as he tugged on her handbag.

'Sure, if you want me to pick this' she pulled out a neon green suit, ruffles attached to the sleeves and collars. Kayden made a face of disgusts, lips turning into a frown as pretended to be blinded by the interesting design of the suit. 'Come on Kay, just pick one...I'm gonna go down there, if you find something, tell me okay?'

He nodded his head sadly, watching his mom descend to the woman's section as he glumly scanned through the racks and racks of suits.

'Just choose one' he said to himself, as he pulled out a normal black suit, checking if it was the right size. He nodded his head in approval and began walking back to his mom. His eyes were focused on his outfit, reconsidering his decision before he felt someone hit his chest and a thud to the floor.

'I'm so sorry' he apologized, holding out a hand for the girl to take. Her head was turned to the side, her bleached blonde hair covering her face. Mumbling something under her breath, she turned to face Kayden, eyes filled with anger before she realized who it was and sent him a wink.

'Hi Kayden' she flirted, placing her hand in his shoulder. 

'I have a girlfriend, Lia' he deadpanned, bouncing his shoulders so that her hand would move away.

She rolled her eyes, clearly not interested in what he had to say. 'And not a dad' she smirked, eyes filled with hatred and evil deminishes. Kayden's mouth dropped open. Never had anyone so rudely emphazisised his lack in a father figure. Seeing his reaction caused her to evily smile, her eyes rolling around as she patted his back. 'I'm gonna get going. Bye' she waved sweetly, as if she hadn't intentionally just hurt him. 

Kayden stood there rooted to his spot, the suit that was once in his hands slowly slipping as it hit the floor. He didn't know how long he had been standing there. Motionless. Numb. His eyes were blinking uncontrollably.

'Kay? Kay' Kaycee shook his shoulders and waved a hand in front of his face. 'What's wrong, love?' She picked up the suit from the ground, holding onto his wrist. As close as the mother and son were, Kayden wasn't one to talk to her about people teasing about him about not having a dad. He always felt as if that would only trigger some kind of need for her to go out and forcefully date somebody which was far from what he wanted for her. But It probably wouldn't have been much of a surprise to Kaycee though, seeing as most kids parents weren't too kind so she couldn't expect their kids to be amazingly nice either. 

'I just thought I uh-saw um...Bails. Yeah, my bad' he covered up, pulling the suit from Kaycee's arm and dragging her to the women's section.

'Are you sure you're alright, Love?'

'Mom, I'm fine. You need to stop worrying about me' he chuckled sadly, pretending like he was picking out an outfit for Kaycee.

'Okay, okay...but seriously get away from the dresses, I don't think I  want you out of all people to pick me something' Kaycee joked, shoving him lightly to the side. 'What about this?' She pulled out a black dress.

'You're goin to a thanksgiving party, not a funeral' Kayden t'sked.

'Or this?' She pulled out a white two piece set. 'Never mind' she giggled, once her eyes set on the low cut front, which was most likely was for people who wanted to show of their cleavage.