22

'My babies' Bailey squealed as she ran into Kaycee and Kaydens arms. Kaycee pushed her way into baileys arms first, causing Kayden to scoff as she spun around in her best friend's arms. 'I missed you!'

'Bails' Kaycee giggled, hugging her tightly before Kayden pushed in between the two and hugged Bailey.

'My favorite baby' she cooed, pinching the boy's cheeks. She crouched down a little, allowing Kayden to hop onto her back before she started her rant on Texas and the days she spent with Ken. 

'Seems like you enjoyed it' Kaycee smiled, making her way out of the airport with Bailey and Kayden.

'Far too much...I'm just glad i came back on thanksgiving. I get to party' Bailey laughed. 'And you get to get hooked' she winked at Kaycee, making her go ten shades darker as she pulled her sleeves down to cover her hands.

'What do you mean?' Kayden questioned, arms looped around Bailey neck. 'Who are you with, mom?'. His mouth had dropped open as he tried to think of anybody Kaycee Abdul been around lately.

'Uh-nobody, Love. Bails here,  just likes making me feel uncomfortable, don't you?' She poked her sides, a squeak leaving Bailey's lips. Kayden still looked questionably at Kaycee and her never ending blush and teenager like smile wasn't convincing him.

'Who's mom dating?' He whispered into Baileys ear.

Bailey threw her head back in laughter. 'Me'.

Kayden aggressively rolled his eyes, a heavy breath leaving his lips. 'So when are you getting married?'

'Today, why?' Bailey continued on joking.

'And you didnt tell your own to-be son' Kayden t'sked playfully, squirming out of Baileys arms. 'Rude'

He bent down quickly to tie his shoe laces, brushing his fingers through his hair before sprinting past Bailey and Kaycee and down to their car.

'He's surprisingly excited for Thanksgiving' Bailey laughed.

'He's my son, Bails' Kaycee said in a 'duh' tone. Bailey laughed as did Kaycee, the two girls loading Bailey suitcase into the car before getting inside.

'This is us in a cabo' Bailey said excitedly, pulling out her phone as she showed Kaycee picture after picture of her 'date' in Texas.

'How come you look so young? Is this edited?' Kaycee asked, zooming into the photo as she examined Bailey's flawless skin.

'Love really brightens your skin' Bailey joked, pushing her hair behind her ear gracefully. The giggle built up inside Kaycee's stomach so much like a water behind a dam, making her shoulders shake and her belly hurt. When it erupted from her mouth it sounded more like a braying donkey as she fought to breathe and stifle the tears.

'Can we please go back home?' Kayden asked from the back seat, tired and annoyed that they were so chirpy and excited in the morning hours.

———————

'I said no' Kaycee groaned, pushing Bailey's hand-that had a lipstick and hair straightener-away. 'Go away, Bails'.

'Come on, K. You know who's gonna be there. Give him a show' Bailey smirked, wiggling her brows together. 'You can't tell me that you bought your outfit without thinking of him'.

'As a matter of fact, Sean didn't even pop up into my mind once. I bought this for my own likings' Kaycee huffed, twirling around in the mirror. The earthy brown shade was a perfect complement for her milky skin, a pretty casual outfit but the slightly low cut and bow tied at the front added so much more glam. She had left her hair cascading past her shoulders and applied some mascara.