31

'Rise and shine, K. Someone's here waiting for you' Bailey entered Kaycee's room, hands on her hip as she tried to wake Kaycee up for the nth time that morning.

'What?! Who?' Kaycee yelped, siting up straight on her bed. Her hair was sticking to each side of her face. Eyes threatening to fall back to sleep, while her hands tireldlessly rubbed her eyes.

'Who do you think?' Bailey giggled. 'Come on, Rice. Hurry up, he's been waiting for ages'.

Kaycee franticallu pulled the covers of her body, shuffling out of bed before she landed butt-first on the floor. 'Gosh' she groaned, quickly picking herself up and rushing into the bathroom.

She stared at herself in the mirror, the rosiness of her cheeks making her smile as the memories of last night poured in. Everything happened so fast but the memories were clear as daylight.

'It's just Sean' Kaycee told herself, contemplating whether she should change into a more presentable outfit. In one swift move, she picked her toothbrush up, brushing her teeth quicker than intended before combing her hair with her fingers and tying it up in a messy bun.

'Kaycee!' She heard Bailey call her. Groaning, she pulled a hoodie over her head, not having enough time to change into 'proper' daytime outfit.

'I'm coming' Kaycee yelled back down, running down the stairs.

She was firstly met by Bailey smirking cheekily, and Kayden sitting by Sean's side pestering him with numerous questions.

'Hey' Sean smiled, slightly nervously as he turned to face the brunette.

A sigh fell from Kaycee's lips as she stared at Sean. Tousled hair. Grey sweats. White hooodie. Perfection as a person.

'Hi'

'I was wondering if we could talk. Outside?' Sean stood up, walking towards the front door.

'Sure-yeah yeah' Kaycee smiled awkwardly, looking over at Bailey for help. But she was smugly smirking, her eyebrows wiggling.

Sean gestured for her to follow her, stepping out of her house. Bailey and Kayden nudged Kaycee out, closing the door with a sigh leaving their lips.

'So?' Kaycee started, hugging her body with her hands.

'I just wanted to talk. It's not about yesterday if you're wondering. You can take all the time you need' he laid a hand on her shoulder.

'Yeah-cool. That's so cool' Kaycee rambled, walking ahead of himeven though she didn't know where they were heading.

'Wrong way' Sean laughed, holding onto her hand and pulling her the other direction. 

'I knew that' Kaycee giggled uncomfortably, shivering and smiling to herself since he hadn't let go of her hand. More words came out, but they were just tumbling out making no sense whatsoever.

He smiled, but was looking straight ahead, nodding his head very now and then. The two walked some more, until they reached a green area.  A few elders were walking around with walking sticks holding onto the hands of their loved ones or a few nurses, others were walking their dogs or more like running after dog as the furry animals chased and barked at the cats running up the trees fearfully. A few kids were on the swings, their parents paying no attention as they stared at their phones.

'Sit' Sean instructed, seeing that he had sat down but Kaycee was still standing up with her eyes trailing around the different activities taking place in the park. He  tugged at her sleeve, and Kaycee reluctantly sat beside him, forgetting about her distancing rule. 'Hello beautiful' he chuckled, tilting her chin to meet his face and pushing a curl behind her ear.