06

'Damn' Kayden said in awe as his eyes travelled from game to game.

 The arcade was decorated from top to bottom in lights, spiraling down game sets and the cash registers. They floors were carpeted with an almost antique looking carpet, which had the occasional drink spills marked on them. However, what caught Kaydens eyes were the several games all laid out to be played. There were motorbikes attached to computer screens, coin dozers filled with coins and keychains, claw machines with teddies and basketball hoops.

'Welcome to Danville Arcade!' A man exclaimed, clad in a bright blue t-shirt and black uniform pants. 'Have fun!'.

'Isn't it cool?' Cora questioned, facing the boy who had his mouth agape and eyes set on the games. He hummed in response, at a loss for words. 'Let's have fun!' She squealed, running to the first set of games.

Sean laughed as he gave Kayden a gentle push forwards, bringing him back to reality as he approached Cora at the basketball hoops.

'The person with the most points wins' She said in a terrible posh accent making Kayden laugh. 'Sean, play with us'.

Sean rolled his eyes, standing back. 'I think I'm gonna sit this one out'.

'Only cause you know I'll beat you' Cora giggled, holding her head up proudly. She held out the money needed in he hands, giving her shoulders a wiggle.

'Fine' he groaned, taking the money from her and paying for all three games. Cora huffed annoyed, once he handed her back her money.

3. 2. 1 It shone on the top of the screen, lit in blue before the game started and basketballs started rolling down.

'I'm not good at this' Kayden mumbled, stressing out as he frantically tossed the balls in the hoop.

Sean stuck his tongue out to the side in deep concentration as he tried to beat the younger girl. But truth be told, he was terrible at basketball and most shots ended up being too low, too high or just too far off.

'I win!' Cora exclaimed, pumping her fist in the air as the screen showed the winner.

'That's not fair. I demand a rematch. You pay basketball in school. This is unfair' Sean complained, crossing his arms above his chest.

'Kayden doesn't pay basketball but he still managed to beat you' Cora laughed, taking Kayden's hand and leading him to the next set of games.

'Yeah, but he's young. I'm old, I have old bones...' Sean tried, pushing his bottom lip out. 

'Excuses, excuses' Cora t'sked, shaking her head at the older man. They approached the next game, ready to push in their coins when Cora decided she needed a bathroom break.

'Mind this for me?' She asked Kayden, handing him her bag. He took it without question, his arm falling down at the weight. As soon as she was out of earshot, he turned over to Sean.

'Will you hold this? Why is it so heavy?' He whined, sitting down on the round bench surrounding a pillar.

Sean took the bag from his hand, indeed surprised by the weight of it. He placed the bag between him and Kayden, tapping his knee bfore starting a conversation. 'So... how long have you known Cora for?'

'Uh- I think four years maybe three. But that was only like sort of friends, I've only know her properly for like nine months now' he replied, a hint of rosiness rising on his cheeks.

'Any hobbies?'

'Uh-I like drawing' he shrugged his shoulders. 'But I'm probably as untalented as one can be' he added laughing, when Sean noticed a dimple appearing under his eye.