25

2 days later.

'You did what?' Bailey gasped, hand over her mouth as she squealed excitedly. 'Wait 'till I tell Kay'. 

'Gosh, bails, no don't' Kaycee sighed, pacing back and forth in her living room. 'We didn't actually kiss, it just nearly happened'.

'So that's why you missed the turkey game, too busy making out with Lew, huh?' She smirked, raising one eyebrow and crossing her arms above her chest.

'Bails' Kaycee groaned, stomping her feet on the floor like a child. 'Help me'

'What do you want me to say? 'Cause all I want is for the two of you to get together' bailey replied, pulling out her phone from her pocket. Kaycee complained some more, but bailey was hardly listening, too occupied typing something.

'Are you even listening to me.' Kaycee said annoyed, sitting down beside her and looking at her screen. One side of Baileys lips tugged upwards, before her fingers pressed the send button. 

'Bailey sok' Kaycee shrieked as she read the message a good three times before punching her shoulder. 'Are you crazy?'

'No point incomplaining, let's get cooking' Bailey giggled, throwing her phone over to Kaycee. The brunette frantically opened her messages, pressing onto Chloe's number, where she read the text.

Hey Chloe! Just wondering if you'd like to come over for some dinner today at Kaycees house. Bring your whole family and Sean please. If Sean's not coming then there really isn't a point for you to come either, jk. Love you.

Kaycee re-read the message a dozen times, trying to find a way to delete it without being suspicious but within seconds a message came from the other side.

Of course. 😉

'Shit. Shit. Shit' Kaycee panicked, somehow feeling more nervous than before.

'Chill Kaycee, just come and help me, please' Bailey laughed form the kitchen. Kaycee  obliged, tying an apron around her waist as she slowly chopped up the vegetables into strips.

'What are you guys making?' Kayden chirped, entering he kitchen with his morning hair and pajamas.

'Cora and her family's coming over soon. Get dressed' Bailey smiled, discretely winking at him. Kaydens eyes fluttered open, sprinting back into his room and shutting his door close. 

'I'm stressed' Kaycee groaned, pulling out pots and pans from the cupboard.

'Don't be. We're just having lunch with a guy you nearly kissed' Bailey joked, causing a breathy sigh to leave Kaycee's lips.

'Not helping'

—————

'Come in. Come in' Bailey greeted, standing to the side to let Cora, Julian, Chloe and Sean in.

'Thank you for having us' Chloe smiled, inhaling the smells of curry.

'Not a problem' Bailey said, her eyes drifting to Cora who was easily embraced in a hug with Kayden.

'Come on, lover boy. Hurry up' Bailey sighed, pushing Sean inside, seeing that he was still outside the door, with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

'Yeah-sorry. Wait-what did you call me?' Sean questioned, looking back at the girl who was gently shoving him into the dining room

'Less talking, more walking' she shook her head. 'Kaycee's in the kitchen. She'll be here in a moment' she told the family.

They all seated around the table, making small talk with each other when Kaycee sheepishly enetered, whispering Bailey's name.