Chapter 2

Valentina Point of View

"Yes, yes, my sweet peach, remember him? This is your sheep in lion's clothing uncle; Uncle Leo." I told my almost year and half son showing his devil uncle.

Although the flight to New York was long and tiring, the joy seeing my brother, thankfully in one piece, is a delight. Leonardo Bianchi is many things, mostly bad, but he is a great brother nonetheless.

Even he had to struggle to look after me after our parents' death, he never complained about it nor did he ever mistreat me come what may. Leo is only five years older to me but I always admired him for being a good brother.

He is a devil, a good for nothing scum, an arrogant prick, a Bianchi's trash bin; still, he is my only and lovely brother.

He was always there for my through thick and thin and for that, I can gladly keep up with his nonsense.

"You are manipulating my image in my nephew's eyes. How can you do that, sister dear?" Leo whined, thankfully not to me but to my son.

Agustin laughed and jumped actively in my arms at the sight of his silly uncle who was being a child with him. Handing over him to Leo, I leaned back to the bedpost and sighed in relief.

It has been nearly two years but my room in Bianchi mansion is still kept the same. Nothing is altered, nothing changed. Everything is kept the way it was.

I smiled when I reminisced those good old days when I didn't have a care for the world. Thinking about just how life can turn upside down cause of one person makes me detest him even more.

"Your Lilliput is beautiful; both inside out. I like her." I commented when I finally had the chance to meet the girl who trampled my brother's esteemed ego.

She's a keeper!

If only these men stop thinking so highly of themselves and for once look at others with a neutral perception.

"Hmm. Rest Val. I can see you are tired so I'll take cheesecake and play with him whilst you take a power nap." I nodded my head to his suggestion and got comfortable on the bed as soon as Leo and Agustin are out of my room.

How would it feel if everything that happened two years ago never happened at all?

Will I be living a happy life with Agustin and him?

Or what if I never met him at all in the first place?

What makes me madder is that I'm letting the past still affect me. I wish I'm stronger to brush away the slightest of those feeling I still have buries deep inside my heart.

I wish...!

The nap brought back life into me and by the time I woke up, the dinner was already prepared. Ariel had fed Agustin and took him to sleep in my room. The dinner with Leo and his Lilliput was peaceful and amusing, seeing how they glared at each other every now and then.

"We have a lunch meeting with the Director, Miss Bianchi. We will go through the details about the filming set again and once everything is confirmed in the meeting, we can start working from coming Monday." Arran informed.

"Alright. Anything else?" Arran shook his head negatively and gave me the recent project files that the New York branch was handling.

"Why did the planning team use same design for two completely different projects? Aren't the themes of a wedding and an inauguration different?" I asked him gravely when the senseless planning team's handling abilities are slowly getting revealed.

Why the heck are they not using their creativity on patterns and new designs and rather using them on silly shortcut tricks?

"It was the orders from the planning department's manager, Mr. Villin. Apparently the inauguration project was from an old client of ours and Mr. Villin just took advantage of the client's trust on us and prepared the default décor designs to save himself from overworking."