Chapter 37

Arsenio Point of View

Red tired eyes, skin as if not bathed for years, body reduced to nearly half as if there is only skin sitting on bones and meat is not a part of it anymore.

In short, his current state satisfied my eyes and brought a tide of pleasure to my heart.

That was when I thought, maybe I shouldn't just behead him when his sins are proved; I should torture him mentally and emotionally every minute of his life.

Sounds promising to me!

I leaned against the door frame enjoying the unfolding drama of the century, 'A Prince lost his wife'. Leading actor is Matias and the victim actress is Tia who is currently boiling down in utter rage.

If her rage should be put in words, then the extremity of it cannot be found in dictionary. She looks so terrifying that the scary aura she is producing even knocked Matias' words several times.

"Do you see 'fool' written on my face?" Now that is one good dialogue, Tia, applauds to you! I almost laughed out loud when she ridiculed Matias at his story.

At that very moment, Tia looked like a General of an army who knows nothing but killing. Every inch of her screamed 'kill' and every glare of her burned Matias thousand times a second.

Well, she is not wrong though. Which person with a sane mind would believe the story Matias said? Even my little son would snicker at Matias for making a fool of himself.

"Honey, trust me when I say he is our son. He has mine and your blood in him." Oh yes, right! And Tia is a day old baby.

"I don't remember giving birth to him. How many months was he in my womb? I have no memory of carrying him in my stomach for nine months. Don't tell me he fell in your arms from sky and God visited you in your dreams and told you he was a gift to us for our uncountable good merits." Is it, Tio?

I wonder which God counted his merit; that too good merits!

I had to bite the insides of my cheeks to stop myself from grinning. If Tia is good at anything, then it is the style of retort she makes. He has good sense of humor even when angered or cheated on.

I want to put myself to use and get a little involved in their drama but when you look at the big picture, staying useless is just the right thing now.

Being an audience is entertaining than being a participant!

"Matias, I don't know about your merits but I didn't make such great achievements or good merits that God himself throw a son for me from the sky." She is right. Tia is a good and a kind woman indeed but she is not a saint. "Unless – he counted your achievements with someone else."

Goodness! This is getting even more interesting.

You are doing well, Tia. My bow to you for such amazing catchphrases!

"I – you – Ah right, you were pregnant but you didn't know about it at that time. The doctor said you were not strong enough to carry a baby so I got the fetus out of you and gave it up for surrogacy." Tsk tsk tsk, no matter how serious and truthful your sound, Matias, you are still making a fool out of yourself.

How the hell did you think a woman doesn't know about the fetus inside her womb and you know about it?

Do you take people for brainless cattle?

"Tsk tsk and you must've thought I would be disappointed and devastated if something happened in the process of birth so you kept it from me about it for my sake, yes?" The tone, though!