Chapter 29

Arsenio Point of View

Now this is interesting!

I did not, even in dreams, expect Val to call me for help and that too about investigating a person of Regio family.

If the call itself is not surprising, then it is surely a shock that Val is investigating her would be husband's family while she is keeping them busy in the engagement.

Which means my suspicion about Demetri is right!

There is something that Val knows about but I don't which I will be finding out now.

Putting aside the worries about my wife's engagement ceremony with another man aside, I started towards the hospital Val mentioned about.

Since Val said that Arran is already on a job closely related to the present investigation which leaves Luci to support me from backend.

Reaching the private quarters of the hospital, the series of cottages stood in columns. Must be private cottages for the VIP patients for longer stay.

I went inside and right near the door is the directing doctor waiting for me. With Luci's prior warning about my arrival, I was lead inside into a private room to conduct the very important secret conversations.

Fortunately the directing doctor was someone who owes me a favor in the past which made things easy for me.

"Majesty, glad to be at your service. Please have the drink." He placed a hot drink before me very politely.

Sitting on the settee before me, he was stiff and his posture was attentive. I nodded my head and gestured him to be comfortable before we go deep into the matters.

"Maya Regio. This file has everything about the lady. The file is encrypted by complicated security, sir but with your well accomplished sources, you can easily get it opened." The Director said providing a USB to me.

"This USB is a duplicate copy made by the attending family member few years ago when the original files went missing. But later on when the missing files were found back, the USB is just kept aside in the safe. I don't think it will be noticed if this goes missing for few days." I nodded my head and ducked the USB in the pocket.

"Who is Maya Regio to Demetri Regio." This was the first question that came to my mind when Val asked to investigate her.

I will surely find out the roots of the conspiracy from years if I could find out what and who Maya Regio is to Demetri.

This will solve many of my questions if what Val's doubt is right.

"His mother." What?

"Demetri is her son? Isn't his parents Paulo and Jade Regio?" I asked astonished at the new revelation.

I made sure that the recorder I'm hiding in my inner pocket is on while I inquired the Director more about the Regio deeply buried secrets.

Well, well, well, Interesting!

"This very hospital secretly changed the birth information and made Demetri Regio a son of Maya's brother and his wife. It's a well buried secret, Majesty. The only reason I'm risking my life is all because I owe you a big time in the past."

Wait! Demetri is Maya's son or her brother's son, why does it even matter so much? Unless...

Unless...!

"Who is Demetri's biological father?"

~*~*~*~

So this is why!