Chapter 47

Arsenio Point of View

"You want to overthrow your nephew? Have you lost it?" Tia, my lovely old woman braved to yell at him.

Val scoffed at the nerve ripping drama going on in front of us, on screen of course. Even she couldn't believe Matias actually asked Tia to help him overthrow me. Even the unborn kid knows how Tia is fond of me.

"Tia will obviously never agree to such absurdity. Your uncle has finally lost what enough he has." Indeed.

"I beg to differ." I commented still looking at the screen with my complete focus on it.

"Huh?" Before I could answer the drama is slowly taking its story to another level.

An interesting level!

"I want you to lead our nation. You are the right queen for our state and a boy raised under your guidance will be a better heir. I'm asking you for the welfare of the state itself." Although Matias did make it sound genuine, people who hear this will know it is not reasonable at all from their previous birth.

His reason is that silly.

"I hate you as a husband, as a boyfriend and as a human on general basis but one thing to admit honestly is you are good ruler. It is just that you are rotten to core when it comes to your personality." Val complimented me after hearing Matias reason.

What a day I'm seeing!

Hottie actually had to compliment me? She never, not once complimented me in our years together. She loves to find faults with me. When she realized I'm flawless, she created some on her own to satisfy her ego.

"I appreciate your love, Amor."

"Do not misunderstand. This is not love at all. Between two types of trashes I'm choosing a better one." Now this is what you call being reasonable.

Val may have sounded very casual just now but the sincerity in her belief is outstandingly expressed.

"Lead the country? At this age? I'm over sixty, close to seventy and you want me to lead the so called country with you now?" Tia ridiculed but chose not to comment anything about me which is clever.

She is letting him open up his real views about me by himself.

"Age is just a number, hermana." The duke butted in suddenly putting his words with a tinge of special sector of sarcasm.

"And seventy is a very large number. I will not accept someone else's child as my own just because he can give me a throne to sit."

The duke tsked as he shook his head clearly amused by the ongoing situation. But what is going on in his mind is getting difficult to read.

Uncle Duke is a person with many faces and mostly he loves twisting his words against his actions and intentions. That is how he got very popular as a ruthless and cunning royal.

"But of course Demetri's child can be adopted by you. The pest of your husband does have a valid point there." Hearing him say that, I couldn't help but snicker at his choice of words.

The man is slamming Matias with the cover of supporting his idea.

"No doubt he was once my teacher. He has some good expression there." I commented at a scheduled time and as Val heard my words she turned to me with such a speed that she could even put werewolves to shame.

"He was your teacher? The Duke? Tia's brother? How? When?" Well that was my little secret though.

"That's a story for another time. Let's just not miss the drama for now. The genre is slowly changing."