Chapter 22

Valentina Point of View

It was purely my mistake and I accept that.

I was a fool.

I was silly.

I was mindless and I was a daft.

I get that; I really do, although I don't want to.

Who in the hell would do what I did when I was the one who is keeping a secret from the other? But I did that and now I'm paying the cost.

I should've either kept quite or confronted!

The first thing Swine said when I mentioned about certain 'him' was 'Whom are you talking about? Who is he, Hottie?'

I was angry and by God almost lost my mind with he faked innocence. I nearly puked at his overacting.

He knew whom I was talking about. He has his people tailing me so obviously they know who I am with and with whom I stroll around.

He is playing with me obviously.

So I did what any woman with super anxiety does, I stuttered and stumbled over my words when I said I doubt his words.

He said he didn't know; well, he is pretending to not know and as a sensible woman I should've played along but I, being a fool, provoked his statements which led to the situation I am in right now.

Oh, How I hate him.

"Either you go or I will. We will not go there together." I argued getting annoyed every passing moment.

"Miss Bianchi, we would like you both to go together." Mr. Aetos, one of the top advocates of Greece and one of the powerful members of the board, spoke with an amused smile.

Mr. Aetos is a God of cunning foxes, with his deep knowledge in law and politics he can easily be tagged as a vicious animals who is specialized in underhand dealings.

"Why with him though? I can go with anyone but him." I argued back passing a stinking eye to a smirking Pig.

The members of the board had decided for me along with Royal Pig to go to cluster of south Pacific islands that they are intending to buy. It was for inspection as well as testing the waters with the competitors purpose.

Which I don't believe!

One, there is clearly something brewing in the minds of the old fools and two I cannot go anywhere with anyone because If I go somewhere I shall have to take my son with me.

A trip to south Pacific is not a day trip obviously. It take a week's work or more there so I cannot leave my son behind with Aerial and Leo is the least option.

Besides, my little boy cannot sleep without seeing me in the night and we haven't been away from each other more than few hours till now.

If I go with Pig, then I have no doubt he will do everything in his power to entice my son towards him; seeing he already knew the secret of his existence and still pretended not to. I cannot go with any other member as well because one thing I clearly understood I cannot reveal my son to any of these people.

This particular lot of people has not trustworthy and my instincts are hinting me that behind their smiles hid a huge trap specially targeted for Royal Pig.

"Mr. Aetos, you must see she can be awkward with me since she was once my wife. She still seems have remnants of some feelings and I'm not going to hurt them." That Pig said and turned towards me with a very playful smile.

"Val dear, not to worry, I will not let these old fellas bully you into me. I will wait for you until you come to me all by yourself." The members laughed at his comment. Is this really a business meeting?