Chapter 38

Valentina Point of View

It has been one week since Demetri's accident and he is still in comatose state. If he were not on a hospital bed in an unconscious state, then it should have been our wedding day.

A wedding day with no wedding!

I planned to reveal the whole messy knots of conspiracies on the wedding pavilion but seems like Pig has something else running in his mind to put brakes on Matias.

While Matias still did not visit Tia after the argument between them the other day, Tia has occupied her time playing with Agustin for now.

No doubt she is not feeling good. She is emotionally not stable but somehow staying with Agustin and having responsibility to take care of a child is holding her.

How unfair is life!

There are several serpent women who can do anything for money, power and their own needs but it is Tia who is good and kind that ended up marrying Matias.

If Matias betrayed on a gold digger, then I would've partied for a week on such good occasion but why should the world be so unfair to good people.

Good people always end up unhappy and hurt. All they do is follow the rules of the world and love wholeheartedly but it them that get hurt in the end.

On contrary, those who wrong other, plan, plot and do evil live a good and happy life. If they don't get anything, then they snatch it no matter in what way they have to.

Funny, those same bad people get happy endings!

Unfair indeed!

Although Tia seemed smiling and playful with my son past few days, the dark under her eyes says another story. More than thirty years of marriage, thirty years of trust, thirty years of love; everything proved farce.

Matias stepped on her self-esteem and crumbled it to shambles.

The more I thought of her, the more I feel for her.

"What are you thinking so deeply, dear?" Tia jerked me out of my thoughts. I found her sitting on the carpet and playing with a few truck toys with my son.

My son, as usual, as crazy as he is, is going hyper over everything and anything.

"Just few things that puzzled me. Nothing to worry, Tia." I smiled and noticed how Agustin was squealing loudly to get Tia's attention back on him. "You seem tired, Tia. I will take that little demon away for today."

Tia chuckled and shook her head negatively as she ruffled Agustin's hair. "I'm happily tired. Your such is such a mood maker, querida. Is he always this sweet?"

"Sweet, yes but he is a spawn of devil, Tia. He sucks out the energy of people yet he doesn't seem energy less even after running for a whole day. Toughest time of the day for me is to put him to sleep." I ranted, sighing as a part of my soul left my body.

Tia laughed out loudly and gave Agustin a children's picture book to see. When my son is completely amazed by the book, she got up and walked to me to sit by the window with me.

"I can see that the little boy brings life into you. Now tell me, what is it that you were puzzled about earlier?" She asked holding my hands into hers affectionately.

I pondered for a moment if I should say it or not, if it is right for me to do it and when Tia nodded her head encouraging me to tell her, I gave in and finally did.

"Few days ago I got a call from my brother. He scolded me for not being careful about the people around me."

"What do you mean?" She asked worriedly.