Chapter 3

Valentina Point of View

"No, add few more dry vines and don't make it too green and flourishing. It looks gaudy." I said twisting my long hair into a bun. Seeing how I forgot my hairpin, I pushed the pen into the bun to let it stay on my head properly.

Gosh, why is it so hot today!

"Eric, that is a fudging pine tree, it doesn't bear flowers. Why are you adding Ebony to a pine tree?" I'm so freaking annoyed as of now that I want to break everyone's limbs here.

What the hell is the managing director and Mr. Villin doing in the New York branch that these people don't have any knowledge at all?

Who adds flowers to a pine tree? I mean, it's common sense to recognize a pine tree of all the trees.

"What is wrong with these people, Arron? I'm so annoyed that I want to send all these morons to Leo for some good training. With Leo's rotten attitude and overbearing self, they will learn a good lesson by the time Leo is done with them." I said pulling the one who was adding dry vines to a Banyan tree, from the ladder harshly and climbed it instead.

I cannot put my hopes on these morons. I have to do it myself.

Whatever happened to studying the proposal and patterns!

Climbing it myself, I added few dry vines to the large tree, giving it a natural look. It would be better if I add some plankton weeds on the ground to make it look more believable.

With new ideas reeling in my mind, I climbed one more rung of the ladder to reach the high branch of the tree.

"Climb down, Ms. Bianchi, I will do it for you. Its dangerous for you." I heard Arran call out for me from behind.

Now that I'm already on the ladder and just inches away from completing the task, I waved off his concern and tiptoed on the ladder to complete it myself.

Come on, two more inches and I can hang the vines successfully!

Damn, with my height It should be easy for me do it but still at times like these, I envy men for being larger than most women.

If only Leo was here, I would've ordered him around and get the work done. With his uselessly blessed height, he would be a perfect man to fix ceilings and light bulbs.

"Careful, Valentina. For God's sake just climb down, woman. I will fix the damn tree." If I was hanging to the tree in a dangerous position, I would've laughed for straight ten minutes at how Arran, the always cool and calm man, bursting out his frustration at me.

He rarely looses his cool, not to mention how he always keeps the boundaries of employer and employee intact.

I raised my hands and arched my neck to the back completely, stretching each active limb in my body almost as if assimilating my body all over again like one of those Barbie toys.

After minutes of struggling, it just took a second to finally fix the vines and it took less than a fraction of second that in the process I finally lost the balance and is travelling to the arms of the wet soiled floor on my back.

I did not realize that I actually slipped from the ladder and was falling down until I heard several screams from around, calling my name.

With one frightened shout, I closed my eyes and waited for a painful thud garnished with pain all over my petite body.

I'm sure once my body touches the ground, I will be able to feel range the pain of delivering Agustin all over again.

My expectations were crashed and crushed when my body was not embraced by the wet soiled ground but instead embraced by the disturbingly familiar arms which extruded warmth.